Nostalgia for the 90's and 00's

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Does anyone else remember discovery zone? That place was amazing.

Also, Pizza Hut. Not that they don’t have it now (and it still may taste the same), but it hit differently as a kid

Pizza hut was seriously special. I respect the hell out of Godfather's because they didn't get caught up in the cheap pizza gold rush in the mid 2000's and stayed true to their quality. GF's is just as good now as when I was a kid.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Arcades. Going to Lazer X (previously Aladdins Castle) at Merle Hay or Loco Joe's was freaking amazing. It's fun to go to a retro arcade like up/down now, but it's not the same. Seeing people lined up to challenge each other at Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat in an arcade was peak 90s.

Loco Joes was like living my Dazed and Confused Emporium dream.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I miss that those years were the last normal generation for this country. Young people have no clue how good things used to be.
This comment has been made since man painted on cave walls. Kids' childhoods look different today than they did in the 90s in some ways, and both are way different than childhoods in the 1930s.

On topic:
TGIF
Saturday morning cartoons
Decipher's Star Wars CCG

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I tied up the landline for quite a while downloading music from Napster

Did anyone else use ftp servers to download their music? In like 2003 I got a car stereo that played mp3 data so I could get like 200 songs on one disc and the face would show the artist and song name and that was revolutionary for me at the time.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Music and movies of the 90's. Life just seemed a little less stressful then for younger generations. Everything costs so astoundingly more and the stresses these kids face today seem more extreme and occur at younger ages.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Does anyone else remember discovery zone? That place was amazing.

Also, Pizza Hut. Not that they don’t have it now (and it still may taste the same), but it hit differently as a kid
I didn’t until just now…wow what a callback. Discovery zone was the best.

Reactions: WooBadger18