Nostalgia for the 90's and 00's

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Full Lotto/Diadora/Adidas warm up suit was must have for the soccer clique in like ‘93

View attachment 127735

I lived in this town in central Nebraska in mid 90s for a few years and the Umbro checked shorts was like a cult…far more than in the world at large I have a feeling.

I remember I’d always have to jam my wallet into my sock or even underwear because we were morons who had no pockets in our shorts.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Piccadilly’s pizza on a Friday night. Cashing in your free personal pizza for meeting the monthly school book reading requirement. The parents all drank pitchers of Miller Lite while the kids played arcade games. If you know you know.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The two decades I grew up in, so the usual nostalgia for childhood and school years.

Also:

The music
One Saturday Morning cartoon block on ABC
Surge
All Sport
Late 90s over-the-top graphic designs
Old N64 games (Mario Kart, NFL Blitz)
The colorful larger Mac computers
The variety of flip phones we had in HS the mid to late 00s
Ripped jeans being fashionable

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Cruisin USA around 96. (Also kind of Outrun mid 80s but it wasn’t so specific and detailed)

In 94 Daytona USA came out and was probably the biggest graphical leap forward in video game history. I never lived in a big enough city but they had a deal where ten of the linked up sit down machines could be linked together. Insane! The game still doesn’t look that dated 30 years later.

The game music was ridiculous too with the guy singing daaaaaaaaaytooooonaaaaa.

Ever play NASCAR 98? Flirtin with Disaster by Molly Hatchet was the only song on the soundtrack and played the entirety of every race.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I lived in this town in central Nebraska in mid 90s for a few years and the Umbro checked shorts was like a cult…far more than in the world at large I have a feeling.

I remember I’d always have to jam my wallet into my sock or even underwear because we were morons who had no pockets in our shorts.

I was in that cult. That was like the most ubiquitous soccer short of the late 80’s.

Reactions: HFCS

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Playing Tetris on the TI-85 graphing calculator during school lunch

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Tecmo Super Bowl. Best game ever.

Also, funny story. I got it for Christmas in 1991. I knew I was getting it for Christmas. It was wrapped under the tree. I unwrapped, played, and rewrapped it several times in the 2 weeks before Christmas. I got caught because I was stupid. I threw away the wrapping paper in the bathroom trash can one time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It is kind of silly, but I do miss malls. It was kind of nice just to wander around and see all sorts of things for sale. A lot of them had wild color schemes and other crazy ****. I also miss going out to rent a movie. You would run into friends there and see what they were watching. Grab some pizza and other snacks and you had a good night. No other distractions than the people you were with.

It can’t work in cold weather areas, but in SoCal I have noticed the outdoor malls that make themselves insanely beautiful get totally packed…so packed I don’t go myself ironically.

The indoor malls or outdoor malls that aren’t beautiful are just as empty as any mall in Iowa are when I’m back.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
It is kind of silly, but I do miss malls. It was kind of nice just to wander around and see all sorts of things for sale. A lot of them had wild color schemes and other crazy ****. I also miss going out to rent a movie. You would run into friends there and see what they were watching. Grab some pizza and other snacks and you had a good night. No other distractions than the people you were with.
Above all else this 100000%

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Did anyone else use ftp servers to download their music? In like 2003 I got a car stereo that played mp3 data so I could get like 200 songs on one disc and the face would show the artist and song name and that was revolutionary for me at the time.
But did you remember to take the faceplate off the stereo when you left your car?

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
We called em wind pants! haha (Born in '86). I don't miss them though because they were far too easy to tear holes in the knees. I do miss rocking the old school Starter Jackets with the center pocket on the front. Also ZERO cell phones and my overall lack of responsibility in those days.

The swishing sound as you walked down the hall in your wind pants. Pretty sure I floor-burned through the knees the first day I wore any new pair to gym class, exposing the white inner lining.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
But did you remember to take the faceplate off the stereo when you left your car?

I was an Alpine guy but this was so ******* rad. Pumping into some swapped out Alpine speakers.

x130DEHP640-f.jpeg

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
Between the years of 92-95 every young boy are girl dreamed of conquering the Aggro Crag

Help Support Us

Become a patron