Nostalgia for the 90's and 00's

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
anybody who likes this thread will love these two podcasts.

They're both Canadian and both great (most of it is identical to USA but I have learned a lot about Canada LOL). The 90s one is from a former news reporter (she was at OJ trial) so it focuses a little more on world events of the day. The 80s one is from an 80s kid and more focused on toys/music/movies/video games but also has some great episodes about world events.

I came across 90's one when searching podcasts who did episodes on the Woodstock disaster. She does an amazing job.

Reactions: HFCS

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Halo LAN parties

I mean this sincerely I'm a little shocked we're talking about 90s games and nobody has brought up Quake, which I spent literally days of my life playing.

Fun fact I went to a Quake LAN party at Iowa State I think when I was a high school sophomore and was out all night, I think I got back at like 4:00 AM. I think my parents were mostly just confused by me at the time.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Being able to go right up to the airport terminal gate to send off or greet someone pre 9/11. I remember as a kid waiting right by the gate and watching the plane pull up to the terminal and getting to greet a relative as soon as they got off the plane. We'll never get to do that again for obvious reasons but was something I enjoyed when grandparents flew in.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I'm the 90s was there really a dude who would give people a ride between Ames and Des Moines on his private plane for $75

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Speaking of my previous post just now about the drive in. In the 90s, for a town the size of Ames, there was a sh!t ton of movie theaters to choose from.

Drive in
Century III which was on South Duff now in the same area as Aldi/Texas Roadhouse
North Grand 5 at North Grand Mall
Mall Theaters 1 & 2 ALSO at the mall
Varsity 2 in Campustown
Ames Theater in Campustown

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
SIAP but I miss the NCAA Tournament bottle cap game Mountain Dew and co. ran every March. We didn’t care about the drink as much but rather, the team underneath the cap when you opened it. When you found Duke you were rich! If you had the champion, you mailed it in and they sent you a Final Four hat from that year. They need to bring that **** back.