O.J. Simpson dead at 76

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
"They" are full of ****.

The area was dark and very small. OJ had the element of surprise and more than enough strength to almost decapitate his ex-wife.

His blood was found from the crime scene, to the gate, in the bronco, and ultimately to his ******* bedroom.

I drove to the crime scene and then to OJs house. It was almost literally around the block.

****** was a murderer who set up a shell company in his kid's names to write a book about killing their mother.

**** OJ
Agreed, about 7 years ago my wife and I visited her aunt and uncle in Brentwood and I got to see the lot where OJs house was. It was torn down and under construction I believe at the time. OJ was a large man and incredibly strong. All the theories around it were also very confusing as to how they come up with some of them.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Already heard the funeral procession will be lead by this:

200w.gif
Is that Curt driving the white hearse?

• Funny
Reactions: cycloner29

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The trial was over the moment the prosecution had him put on the bloody glove, only for it to be far too small. After that it no longer mattered whether he was actually innocent or guilty, or whether a second glove of the exact same brand, style, and size as stated by the tag fit like, well, a glove - the entire world saw that the glove that the murderer wore soaked in the victims’ blood didn’t fit. The prosecution themselves provided all the reasonable doubt the defense would ever need.

I have no doubt he was guilty as sin - but they could never convict him after that.

Wasn't it a deal where they had him not take his arthritis meds so his hands would expand and not fit?

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
How was Bill Cosby acting white? The Cosby show family didn't act white. WTH? Not every black person or family has to "act" a certain way.
There was the whole ridiculous idea that a black couple that had a lot of money and were a lawyer and doctor were acting white, that it was an "Uncle Tom" type of family. A shame that people thought/still think that way but they did.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I remember my mom believing he was innocent. She has multiple PHDs and is a long-tenured professor at Iowa State so certainly incredibly smart. But some people believed him for whatever reason.

I have an easier time believing what’s-her name who murdered her kids (Casey?) from 15 years ago was innocent than I do OJ… and I don’t believe for a second she was innocent either, but it was certainly fun watching the media burn her at the stake, so to speak, throughout the entire trial, only for her to be found not guilty and then switch to the injustice of it all for months afterward.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I remember my mom believing he was innocent. She has multiple PHDs and is a long-tenured professor at Iowa State so certainly incredibly smart. But some people believed him for whatever reason.

That seems so obviously wrong now, with hindsight, but I can kinda sorta imagine someone getting sucked into the day-to-day minutiae of that trial - which went on for eleven months - and walking away with some kind of doubt about his guilt. Which I guess is kind of the point of all that lawyering - counting on people who miss the forest for the trees.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and Jer

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
One of my most bizarre memories was that after his acquittal, a classmate showed up at school having had their picture taken with OJ after bumping into him somewhere on a trip. As if he were just any regular old celebrity.

I also remember the anticipation of watching the verdict live in class.

I have family that lived in then-North Hollywood and for a long time people would go to his house and take pictures.

Society's addiction to dysfunction has many building blocks.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'll never forget sitting in the den in 6th floor Larch when the verdict was released. What a weird day
I was in high school geometry and the teacher rolled in a TV and turned it on so we could all watch. It was wild.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The ending of the cast of characters is interesting. Maybe there is a god?

OJ - cancer
Johnny Cocharan - brain tumor
Bobby Kardashian - esophageal cancer
F. Lee Bailey - cancer
Alan Dershowitz - career on life support after being an Epstein-associated rapist

One outlier
Robert Shapiro - still alive, but son OD'd in 2005

• Dumb
Reactions: bustamoveisu

SMG

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
My first date with my now wife was the night OJ was was driven around in the white Ford Bronco. I'll never forget that.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That seems so obviously wrong now, with hindsight, but I can kinda sorta imagine someone getting sucked into the day-to-day minutiae of that trial - which went on for eleven months - and walking away with some kind of doubt about his guilt. Which I guess is kind of the point of all that lawyering - counting on people who miss the forest for the trees.

It’s why I really hate the idea of the media covering these trials the way they do for entertainment/ratings purposes - because if the defense is good enough, for some it’s really easy to gain a sympathy to the person being tried.