O.J. Simpson dead at 76

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So, will they check for CTE? I’ve heard talk radio discuss whether CTE could be a reason for his violent outbursts and random odd behavior. Not that it really makes much difference to his victims now, but maybe there will be some good that comes from research of it.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
There was the whole ridiculous idea that a black couple that had a lot of money and were a lawyer and doctor were acting white, that it was an "Uncle Tom" type of family. A shame that people thought/still think that way but they did.

So black people thought the Cosby family was acting white? I mean, middle/upper class black families have been around for a very long time. On television there were the Cosbys. Then there were the Evans. There were upper/middle class white sit com families and then there were the Connors.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So, will they check for CTE? I’ve heard talk radio discuss whether CTE could be a reason for his violent outbursts and random odd behavior. Not that it really makes much difference to his victims now, but maybe there will be some good that comes from research of it.

What Paul Heyman says about Chris Benoit is all I have to say what I think about OJ Simpson and CTE:

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
The trial was over the moment the prosecution had him put on the bloody glove, only for it to be far too small. After that it no longer mattered whether he was actually innocent or guilty, or whether a second glove of the exact same brand, style, and size as stated by the tag fit like, well, a glove - the entire world saw that the glove that the murderer wore soaked in the victims’ blood didn’t fit. The prosecution themselves provided all the reasonable doubt the defense would ever need.

I have no doubt he was guilty as sin - but they could never convict him after that.
I watched a lot of the trial and followed it pretty closely. I don't think that they proved that he did it. That is not to say that I don't think that he did it, but due to very sloppy police work, incompetent prosecution, and some good defense, the case wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
So black people thought the Cosby family was acting white? I mean, middle/upper class black families have been around for a very long time. On television there were the Cosbys. Then there were the Evans. There were upper/middle class white sit com families and then there were the Connors.
They even did the same with Grant Hill to use a CBB example. He was getting the "Uncle Tom" treatment because his dad was rich and he didn't act black enough like The Fab 5 did for instance, plus he went to a "white" school in Duke. It's stupid that black people have to act a certain way to prove their "blackness" according to a certain segment of the black population.

On another note, The Evans lived in the projects so they met the quota of what was acceptable, apparently.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
I watched a lot of the trial and followed it pretty closely. I don't think that they proved that he did it. That is not to say that I don't think that he did it, but due to very sloppy police work, incompetent prosecution, and some good defense, the case wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Yep... beyond a reasonable doubt is a VERY high burden to prove, and they did a terrible job of proving that.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
The trial helped propel the career of Jeff Joniak who attended Iowa State, and now is the play by play for the Bears.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Fred Goldman, Ron’s father, issued this statement:
“The only thing I have to say is it’s just further reminder of Ron being gone all these years. It’s no great loss to the world. It’s a further reminder of Ron’s being gone.”

• Sad
Reactions: jcyclonee