Odd Will McDonald scouting report for 2023 NFL Draft

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
9F982B64-93C9-4E77-A0E8-9DF49D755416.jpeg
On one hand it’s a pretty damn glowing review on his potential. Seems like some scouts really do believe he has 1st round potential this next year.

Very weird second paragraph on this here though. Almost makes it insinuate he has some character concerns. I hadn’t exactly heard of any issues like that beforehand.

Should acknowledge that this is from WalterFootball, who’s been known to talk out of his ass from time to time. But who knows. Just thought it was a little strange.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
View attachment 104247
On one hand it’s a pretty damn glowing review on his potential. Seems like some scouts really do believe he has 1st round potential this next year.

Very weird second paragraph on this here though. Almost makes it insinuate he has some character concerns. I hadn’t exactly heard of any issues like that beforehand.

Should acknowledge that this is from WalterFootball, who’s been known to talk out of his ass from time to time. But who knows. Just thought it was a little strange.

He reminds me of Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila the old Green Bay rush end. I don't know how Kabeer was on his diet or paying his bills was though.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
He reminds me of Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila the old Green Bay rush end. I don't know how Kabeer was on his diet or paying his bills was though.
You can ask Marcus Fizer about the importance of personal discipline in extending a pro sports career.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This is dumb and they need new sources.

I don't need to be an insider to know that:
- Will plays for Matt Campbell
- Will has played as many snaps as he can handle
- Matt Campbell isn't playing somebody all the snaps they can handle if they need a babysitter

And yes, dude has been academic all conference.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
View attachment 104250

Pulled from his Iowa State bio. I'd guess being All-Academic is a pretty solid indicator he can figure out a way to handle his budget. How dumb is this....?
I'll say flatout I have no idea whether these concerns are justified or no, but purely in the hypothetical, college players have discipline imposed on them by their coaches. Pro players have a lot more freedom. But if someone is seen as uncoachable and out of control in their personal life, they soon find themselves out of the league. Look at guys like Ryan Leaf and Brian Bosworth.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
If a guy has off field concers here, you usually hear those rumors. I've never heard a bad thing said about Will.
This is exactly my thinking. WalterFootball is known to talk out of his ass at times, so I could easily see this being BS. I don’t doubt the scouting part is genuine, but the second part of this does not mention any sources in the know from any scout.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
All I've heard is that he's a great guy. Weird.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
From Campbell's presser today:

"Nobody works harder at his craft. I was teasing our coaches Monday night, and man who is the guy that is still in the facility working on his craft? It’s Will."

I'll bet Will just forgot to pay his rent, and that's why he's at the practice facility late...smh

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
View attachment 104247

Walter football is a hack. He’s worth about as much as any individual rating site for talent evaluation, which is to say not much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron