*** Official #10 Oklahoma vs #6 IOWA STATE Big 12 Conference Championship Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm kind of depressed. Our best season ends at 8 wins... that is sad. Covid shortened season, yes I know... someone talk me off the ledge here

Our best season hasn't ended yet and who the hell cares that it is 8 wins so far. You'll note that we have rarely had 8 wins in an 11 or 12 game season.

8-1 in the conference. We've never seen anything like that.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Best conference record ever in a ****** up year due to Covid. With all the obstacles this year has dealt a lot of folks they kept fighting week in and week out while all along staying Covid free!!

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Animated GIF

How about this play from Breece on Saturday. I haven't seen much talk about it. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but he put number 24 on skates. Equivalent to breaking someone's ankles on the basketball court. When Breece sticks his foot in the ground he can really make guys look silly.

Reactions: heitclone

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Was watching the 1st quarter of this game again today. On Oklahoma's 2nd possession, they were 2nd and 17 after getting called for holding. On the next play, I easily counted four of our defenders who were blocked in the back as Oklahoma ran a swing pass that went for about 25 yards.

JaQuan got by his blocker and so the OU lineman pushed him in the back to allow the receiver to get out of the backfield. Mike Rose was pushed from behind to steer him away from pursuing. Jake Hummel was pushed from behind to clear a path for the receiver after he had caught the ball. Finally, Anthony Johnson was pushed in the back downfield which allowed the receiver to cut behind Johnson and get the first down.

I'm sure refs are hesitant to call another penalty after they just assessed 10 yards for holding. That is just human nature, feel badly for the guy who just got penalized. And if there was one illegal block, sure that can be missed, they can't see everything. But this is beyond a reasonable belief that 4 illegal blocks were not seen on one play, not one of them were called. I know, I know, it's all part of the game and not a conspiracy against one team in favor of another. I should probably delete all these games from my DVR because it just frustrates me to see these things on replay and consider how the entire outcome of the game may have changed right there from one mistake. Just like, I may have done something worthwhile today if not for starting to rewatch the Big 12 Championship....

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Just wait til you rewatch Kene’s last kick return and see how close he was to breaking it, then how nice the screen pass to X looked to be setting up on the first false start penalty on the last drive.