*** Official #19 Iowa VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I didn't see anything resembling holding on the play/replay I've seen and certainly not in comparison to the holding that went uncalled on both teams earlier in the game.

yeah, it sure was an interesting time for the crew to apparently remember what holding was.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Really? You see this team in the championship game challenging OU? Plenty of talk about that pre-season. What are you seeing that others are not? Would love to be wrong, however making a bowl game seems a realistic goal at this point.
Absolutely not. Kansas State, Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU are gonna be a really really though slate of road games this year.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and madguy30

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I didn't see anything resembling holding on the play/replay I've seens. Certainly not in comparison to the holding that went uncalled on both teams earlier in the game.

That's the thing... they never called a holding penalty on either team all game long, but when ISU was down to their possible last play of the game on 4th and 13, where there was an OBVIOUS pass interference on Iowa that would have continued the drive... a flag comes out for holding on ISU... and it sounds like it wasn't even close to holding.

How does an officiating crew do that? Well.... if they're B1G refs that might explain it.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Just tired of isu getting stupid penalties and turnovers. Iowa evidently never has penalties or turnovers. Same boring crap every year.

That last holding call was so classic.....I know it was Big10 and all that, but these guys have no subliminal fear of making a bad call against us. There are not the same repercussions by blowing calls against us that other schools would incur. You think that ref would call a hold against Michigan or Ohio State...or even Iowa in the same situation? NFW. Alamo Bowl too, and that is a national joke of how we get blown calls and then apology letters later. YOu are so right.....so boring and it just repeats itself.

cyLKUIF

Jun 3, 2016
Is it 2021 yet? Maybe thats the year. If an ISU QB ever went 3-0 against the hoks they would get a statue. We just lost to stanley 3 times. God we are awful.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I put the blame for this loss completely on Eric Church. Set the tone for the day by being the most boring guest picker ever.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Better team lost tonight. It sucks but we move on. Played so much better than we did against Purple Iowa which is a great sign for the rest of the season. Kept AJ in check pretty much all game and essentially made him a non-factor other than a few QB hurries, which was very impressive. **** Iowa. We’ll get ‘em next year.
Yep.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
man some of you need some serious perspective...That Iowa team..down a few key DB's will likely win the BIG west this year or come darn close...they will be approaching the TOp 15 in polls next week for a reason..They are a good team.

As much as we make fun of Stanley he made the plays when needed on 3rd down and we didn't.

Yes we are a team that has a small margin of error but most teams are like that.

ISU OL played 1000% better today...ISU defense, for most part, played really well.

ISU doesn't have that Purdy fumble in first half and I think they go down and score as they were rolling down the field. THat totally changes game IMO.

Get over yourselves...This ISU program is light years better than any other ISU regime and its not close.
Good perspective. You probably haven't been drinking as much as I have.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
That last holding call was so classic.....I know it was Big10 and all that, but these guys have no subliminal fear of making a bad call against us. There are not the same repercussions by blowing calls against us that other schools would incur. You think that ref would call a hold against Michigan or Ohio State...or even Iowa in the same situation? NFW. Alamo Bowl too, and that is a national joke of how we get blown calls and then apology letters later. YOu are so right.....so boring and it just repeats itself.

Maybe I'm just misremembering the order of the penalties, but wasn't it a flag for illegal hands to the face on the offsetting penalties?

• Disagree
Reactions: Bigman38