SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Jaren Holmes makes the list as underrated signing by TJ. Nice write up on the reaonig.
The final sentence is awesome talking about us being a team to watch next year should we land Green. Crazy to think about the turnaround from two years ago to now!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Since this thread still talks about other transfers, not just the ones ISU have been involved with, I'm curious what people think as to why it has taken so long for Tyrese Hunter to choose a destination? Even if schools were competing for NIL with an agency, you would think the time has been plenty. Even top guys like McCullars has chosen a school. Guess I don't see a player on any of his final teams waiting on an 'in the draft' guy to come back tilting the TH decision. But I could be wrong.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Since this thread still talks about other transfers, not just the ones ISU have been involved with, I'm curious what people think as to why it has taken so long for Tyrese Hunter to choose a destination? Even if schools were competing for NIL with an agency, you would think the time has been plenty. Even top guys like McCullars has chosen a school. Guess I don't see a player on any of his final teams waiting on an 'in the draft' guy to come back tilting the TH decision. But I could be wrong.
Tyrese has no reason to rush a decision he still has a sport at each of his top 5 when ever he decides. There are still 3-4 top 10 transfers who haven't chosen a school either. He isn't alone.
I would guess he may wait until the 6/1 NBA decision deadline so he is assured of the final rosters. He may have a good idea of 2-3 schools and seeing if one ups their NIL prospects.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I read that only something like 5 of the top 14 portal guys have signed so far. So obviously guys are waiting on something. I think it has to do with guys exploring their NBA options and June 1 deadline to return to college. The NBA draft combine was last weekend, so we will probably start hearing about guys returning this week.

Kansas & Gonzaga are both waiting on a couple of players. Not sure about the Tennessee PG. It might be Tyrese's concern about competition, but might also want to know who his teammates will be and maximize potential for a deep March Madness run.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I read that only something like 5 of the top 14 portal guys have signed so far. So obviously guys are waiting on something. I think it has to do with guys exploring their NBA options and June 1 deadline to return to college. The NBA draft combine was last weekend, so we will probably start hearing about guys returning this week.

Kansas & Gonzaga are both waiting on a couple of players. Not sure about the Tennessee PG. It might be Tyrese's concern about competition, but might also want to know who his teammates will be and maximize potential for a deep March Madness run.

The fringe power 5 guys probably are committing faster so they can get a for sure schollarship. The top guys are probably waiting to see who commits where. Say Tyrese commits and signs somewhere, then another top level guy signs at the same spot with the same position. That would not be good for someone like him. Probably wants to be the main guy. Wait till after the NBA deadline and then commit.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I picture Fran pulling a folding chair up to a mid-90s desktop computer trying to dial up while screaming at his secretary to help him 'get into the portal thing'.
There needs to be a movie about this. I could see Will Ferrell playing the Fran role to perfection in a ridiculous slap-stick adaptation of Fran's life/tenure in Iowa City

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Guess I must be looking at other lists. I would have guessed more like 5 have 'not' signed so far. Wasn't guys like McCullars, Kendric Davis, Pack, Broome, Aimaq, Lofton, ShannonJr, Sears. the kid from SDSU, etc. top transfer guys? They have all committed.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Guess I must be looking at other lists. I would have guessed more like 5 have 'not' signed so far. Wasn't guys like McCullars, Kendric Davis, Pack, Broome, Aimaq, Lofton, ShannonJr, Sears. the kid from SDSU, etc. top transfer guys? They have all committed.

Quite a few top ones on this list not committed.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I was looking at 247 list. They don't have McCullars or Lofton committed yet. Otherwise they don't have Broome, Aimaq, Shannon or Sears in their top15, they are 20-30.

Like all rankings- very subjective.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
That was fast… Underwood put together a big transfer roster this year.

I thought it would be UNC, but at least it wasn't Tech. Another top end player leaving the conference is good.

It doesn't feel like Tech has reloaded like previous years, and losing Shannon and McCullers hurts quite a bit. I think they're closer to Iowa St than KU in terms of talent now, which bodes well for us in the standings.

Reactions: Drew0311

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I thought it would be UNC, but at least it wasn't Tech. Another top end player leaving the conference is good.

It doesn't feel like Tech has reloaded like previous years, and losing Shannon and McCullers hurts quite a bit. I think they're closer to Iowa St than KU in terms of talent now, which bodes well for us in the standings.
Hold that thought....