***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We get so little nice spring and fall weather anymore it seems like.

Even today's temp and feel would be uncomfortable in the summer. It's 80ish degrees but also feels like a boiler outside like we're just on the outside of a summer storm system.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I know this is mostly for local weather stuff, but I didn't see anything posted about Hurricane Otis making a direct strike on Acapulco at a Category 5 hurricane, the strongest to make actual landfall on the west coast of Mexico. It experienced rapid intensification from tropical storm to Cat 5 in just over 12 hours. The city is absolutely devastated. The destruction is kind of shocking, honestly.

The rapid intensification:

The destruction:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I know this is mostly for local weather stuff, but I didn't see anything posted about Hurricane Otis making a direct strike on Acapulco at a Category 5 hurricane, the strongest to make actual landfall on the west coast of Mexico. It experienced rapid intensification from tropical storm to Cat 5 in just over 12 hours. The city is absolutely devastated. The destruction is kind of shocking, honestly.

The rapid intensification:

The destruction:

It's not getting much press, but there is a lot of crazy **** going on in the world right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dumped the puddle of water off the covering off my deck furniture against this morning. Checked NWS rain totals for Twin Cities and we have now topped 10" for September and October. Seems crazy after extended drought and failing to be able to water enough this summer to keep my shade garden and ferns alive.

I am forecasting my ginko leaves drop in mass tonight. They are still mostly green but temp will be 20's today which is usually like a flipping a switch. You can just watch the leaves rain down in just a couple of hours.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I think the models really failed here, amazing how fast it blew up into a cat 5.