***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Rothstein (see above) is right on point for ISU anyway. Our top priority was to keep Gilbert, Milan, Tamin, CuJo and Watson. Yeah, we need bigs to go with them, but next year centers around our core from last season. We don't need superstars to fill in the roster, but guys willing to defend and rebound.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
He started following a bunch of ISU players on Instagram. Probably a good sign.
I hope so, assuming he hasn't done the same with players on other teams he's visiting. I would be thrilled with his commitment. A 6'8" PF who has a low post game and an outside shot (based on his videos), would be a great weapon.

In one of the videos the commentator said he needed to work on his catch-and-shoot, but in another video, it looked like he had done so.

Reactions: Drew0311

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I hope so, assuming he hasn't done the same with players on other teams he's visiting. I would be thrilled with his commitment. A 6'8" PF who has a low post game and an outside shot (based on his videos), would be a great weapon.

In one of the videos the commentator said he needed to work on his catch-and-shoot, but in another video, it looked like he had done so.
He started out the season ice cold from three, like 2/26 or something. Shot lower volume but up around 40% in conference play. Also has a crazy good assist rate for a guy his size.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
He started out the season ice cold from three, like 2/26 or something. Shot lower volume but up around 40% in conference play. Also has a crazy good assist rate for a guy his size.
I also like that his steals per game is around 1.5. Means he is either a good on ball defender or plays passing lanes well

Last edited:

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Agree re: his passing, I commented on his interior passing in another thread which is similar to our three bigs' passing this season, an overlooked aspect of their game.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Wisconsin seems to be doing well in portal…… they lost a number to the portal but have gained a couple good ones. Now, appear to be in pursuit of Tyrese Hunter

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Wow, great to have Dan Hurley as a poster on this board. I'll trust our coaches in talent eval over someone with NO CREATIVITY or hoops knowledge.

No one is saying King, Ward, Jones or Paveletzke aren't losses. But it's not like they had above average offensive skills or rebounding machines. They were effort guys! Anyone TJ and staff brings in WILL BE an effort guy. The staff will coach it. And Lipsey, Gilbert, Momcilovic and Jones will demand it of their teammates!!
I posted the rebounding numbers.
King was our top guy in rebounds, and if you look at rebounds per minute played he was by far our most productive guy. We need rebounders!

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I posted the rebounding numbers.
King was our top guy in rebounds, and if you look at rebounds per minute played he was by far our most productive guy. We need rebounders!
My guess is we'll get another bigger kid in the portal.

Sure King was a solid rebounder, but the Rob Jones/Hasan Ward tandem gave us 8rpg. Can the Jackson, Rock and Chatfield trio give the Clones 10-12 RPG?

I am sure the staff will challenge Momcilovic to be better on the boards next year.n The staff challenged Tre King to lead the Big12 in rebounding. He didn't get there, but gotta believe that will be a focus for Milan as well.

Lastly, Heise will get more minutes than Paveletzke and will be a big rebounding improvement.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron