***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The new time rules meant the game was over in less than two hours. How many I supposed to drink on the company dime with that crap?!?!?

Too many is always the right answer. And might I suggest Tequilla? That always brings out the best of people and maybe you can get up the nerve to tell everyone just how you really feel about them.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
The new time rules meant the game was over in less than two hours. How many I supposed to drink on the company dime with that crap?!?!?
Someone was in the Miller Lite balcony. My wife's work does that once a year too.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Someone was in the Miller Lite balcony. My wife's work does that once a year too.
Damn right I was
Too many is always the right answer. And might I suggest Tequilla? That always brings out the best of people and maybe you can get up the nerve to tell everyone just how you really feel about them.
they have limited liquor up there and it is not included.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
The good thing is they've been easy to pull since the ground is wet.
Funny how things go. Weeds are exploding out of the ground in my corn fields. But, the ground is so hard from pounding rain the last couple weeks, my corn is having coming out of the ground. A nice 1/2” rain would be great, or rotary hoeing my corn would be coming soon. If those 2 choices don’t work we rip out 30-40% of my corn and replant. Oh well.
Go Cyclones.
Part of my post went AWOL?

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Drought map still has me on the mod drought edge. Would be nice if these ever to every other day rains stopped a bit so we could do something.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Man I love the month of May weatherwise. I'm gonna hate to see it go. Haven't had to run my furnace or air-conditioning all month so far!

Really tempted to turn the AC on today. Trying to hold out, but damn it’s getting hot the next few days.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Really tempted to turn the AC on today. Trying to hold out, but damn it’s getting hot the next few days.
I used to be the guy that would hold out until November on the furnace and June for the AC but gave up on it a few years ago. At the end of the day it doesn't cost that much more to flip the switch and the comfort is worth it to our family.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We value comfort. Have turned the A/C on numerous times to cool the house back down (especially the second floor) during the warm hours of the day.
I wait for my wife to go to bed and then turn it down a couple degrees to get to reasonable sleeping temperatures. I'm pretty sure she has no circulatory system.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
I wait for my wife to go to bed and then turn it down a couple degrees to get to reasonable sleeping temperatures. I'm pretty sure she has no circulatory system.
Do you have the option of sleeping at your girlfriends house? Problem with that though is if the wife finds out, you may find that your wife does indeed have a circulatory system. Or is it hotter at the girlfriend place?