***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Some of us may not like each other for various reasons but I hope you are all OK.
Check in on people.

One of our older friends is without power and I have a goalzero I got to them to keep their sump going.
Please reach out to your friends and family.
First thing I knew (I was taking a nap) was a text from @wxman1 that read "Get your asses to the basement". Good thing he did because our power AND internet were ou so we had no clue where things stood.

Last edited:

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Out in Urbandale working on getting power to houses that got their masts ripped out of meters. Lots of trees down, doesn’t look horrible otherwise, not from what I’ve seen anyway.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
were south of stuart. Greenfield tornado essentially split between my place and highway 92. couldn’t see it from my place because rain was too hard

plenty of friends/family in greenfield.
I hope they're okay. I've only seen one fatality...a person in a car that got launched. Don't even know m/f, let alone name.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
First thing I knew (I was taking a nap) was a text from @wxman1 that read "Get your asses to the basement". Good thing he did because our power AND internet were ou so we had no clue where things stood.
Good work @wxman1. We got the same message from a friend who follows the weather and those heads up messages are very much appreciated.

@ImJustKCClone how often does Consumers lose power?

• Friendly
Reactions: riceville98

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Don't tell me that, I got a handful to handle right now!
Just checked radar.weather.gov and see a long stretch of red in your area moving slowly to the north/northeast. Yowza.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Thought things were cleared out and Amanda on NBC 15 told me to seek shelter and I couldn't say no to her so I'm back in the basement.
The way the radar is trending I might not even get anything.

I thought it funny when she said if you lose power, you can still stream us online. Um, no power = no internet.