*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He is forcing it to much...but I don't blame him. No one else is making anything happen.

That’s kind of where I’m at with Gilbert. He’s the only guy that can get to the rim with the ball in his hands. At any given time we have 2-3 offensive non-threats on the floor. Keshon has to force the issue.

Reactions: CyNews

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
For all our size and strength in the front court, we give up an awful lot of ORBs.

It’s because of our defensive rotations. When we double everyone is in scramble mode and not well positioned to box out. That o rebound to put then up 7 was a great example. We were out of whack on rotation and we had Tamin trying to box out their center.

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Is it time take Mom out of the starting lineup? He was a complete liability out there. He passed up a wide open 3 to just turn the ball over.

Reactions: 83cy

TwinCitiesCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2013
Can we please stop excusing the refs for every loss? The sucked today AND we played terribly. If there was a day to say that we did not deserve to win, it is today.

However, that does not excuse inconsistent officiating. So, get off your soap box of officials don't affect games because they do. Just like the other two teams on the floor. It is inevitable and a fact.

But, we understand the guys played poorly today and just didn't play well enough to win all on their own.
"get off your soap box"

Pot meet Kettle

Settle down DJ...

Not excusing the refs for anything.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Definitely our worst conference game by a large margin..maybe BYU but no one was going to beat them in Provo that night. Kansas State didn't play lights out by any means.
agreed, and we had a chance to run them out of the building in the first 10 mins and ended up down 4 at half. that was the big issue today.

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Bad offense finally caught up with us…
Yup. The offense has been strugglng for the last couple of weeks, but they have been able to eek out some stretches of enough coherent offense to pull out the wins. Not today. Hoping the staff can tweek some things. I think it will be tough to pull off any kind of tourney runs scoring under 60.

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
It will be painful for the guys to relive...... but watching the tape of this game will be a lesson in every single thing they should NOT do going forward. They HAVE to improve the shot selection, take care of the ball, and stop the slop.

• Agree
Reactions: Cupped and BigCyFan

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Can we please stop excusing the refs for every loss? The sucked today AND we played terribly. If there was a day to say that we did not deserve to win, it is today.

However, that does not excuse inconsistent officiating. So, get off your soap box of officials don't affect games because they do. Just like the other two teams on the floor. It is inevitable and a fact.

But, we understand the guys played poorly today and just didn't play well enough to win all on their own.

Agreed. I think some people think saying the refs weren’t good is the same as saying it’s the reason we lost. Those aren’t the same things.

Reactions: rosshm16

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If I'm TJ, I have some easy practices the rest of the way, mostly walk throughs, and I play Pav and Watson A LOT in the Big 12 tournament.
We haven’t been going hard in practice for a few weeks now.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

Literally every game in every sport a team can complain about the refs. There has never been a perfectly called game in the history of sports. Unless a call directly impacts the outcome of a game it’s silly to constantly complain about the refs.

Yet, this boards uses the refs anytime we lose or even trail in a game and as soon as we take the lead the refs are suddenly fine.