*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I just received the email from the big 12/Iowa state announcing the prep rally.

It also had a link for big12eats. Does anyone know if that food is outside at P&L or inside?

Inside. At various concession stands. They have really improved the food in the last few years. Though they got lazy with assigning food to schools. The one they assigned to us is a Green Chili Pork Walking Taco! Not a pork tenderloin? Or a state fair corndog? Lazy.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Alright, same game parlay today. Here’s what I’ve got:

Bet $10
Win $262.78

ISU +5.5
ISU first half moneyline
Over 56.5 first half points
ISU +2.5 second half spread
Over 62.5 first half alternate points
Under 63.5 points for Houston
No overtime (figured why not because it added $8 to the parlay and seems harmless)

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Alright, same game parlay today. Here’s what I’ve got:

Bet $10
Win $262.78

ISU +5.5
ISU first half moneyline
Over 56.5 first half points
ISU +2.5 second half spread
Over 62.5 first half alternate points
Under 63.5 points for Houston
No overtime (figured why not because it added $8 to the parlay and seems harmless)
Kinda love this, definitely tailing. Also, bet365 has some player prop options so i have a whole 3 pt makes parlay today. $5 pays $811. Trying to pay for omaha tickets today!

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
We have better depth. They have Cryer, Sharp and Shead. We win because for first time in his career Jamal Shead actually doesn't hit every clutch shot down the stretch (or at least that is what happens in my dreams). Dude is unreal. I hope we can contain him.
Win or lose this has been a fun tournament.

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
I know they have hosted the Big 12 tournament in Oklahoma City before, haven't they done Dallas as well? In either case I know it wasn't attended nearly as well as it is in KC. Having the basketball tournament in KC and the football championship in Dallas seems to be the best locations for both.
I have been to both sights for the big 12 men’s tournament the 3 times in Dallas and the 2 times in Oklahoma City no they don’t support basketball well keep it in kcmo

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
We have better depth. They have Cryer, Sharp and Shead. We win because for first time in his career Jamal Shead actually doesn't hit every clutch shot down the stretch (or at least that is what happens in my dreams). Dude is unreal. I hope we can contain him.
Win or lose this has been a fun tournament.
We held him relatively in check in January. He had 14 but was 5-15, if we can make him inefficient again and not let him get to the free throw line, we'll win.

Reactions: cydonk

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We’re a two seed no matter the outcome of this game. Winning twice against arguably the best team in the country and closing out the regular season on a win is huge for this team and their confidence going into the dance. We need this one.

Depending on what other teams do, winning might make us the 5th/6th best resume instead of 6th-8th best resume.

Is that the thought of everyone? Cool but not really that valuable for tournament, rather cool to be 6-0 in Big 12 tournament.

KU has like a 15-2 lead on us for outright conference championships yet we’re in second place…but we could hypothetically catch them in Big 12 Tournament trophies. It would be our 6 to their 12. Still would take a couple decades of amazing basketball, but it wouldn’t be impossible. We also really cement having second most because OK St with 2 is the only remaining team with multiple.

KU: 12
ISU: 5
OK St: 2
Leaving OU: 3
Leaving Texas: 2
Left Missouri: 2
EVERYBODY ELSE NEW AND OLD: ZERO

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Will we get Watson back tonight? Not sur how long concussion protocol lasts, but it's been a week.

I do like to see Omaha getting some minutes. The experience will help him a lot, IMO.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Will we get Watson back tonight? Not sur how long concussion protocol lasts, but it's been a week.

I do like to see Omaha getting some minutes. The experience will help him a lot, IMO.
I would be shocked if they play Watson, even if he has cleared protocol. Get him fully healed for the NCAAs. And like you suggest, Omaha getting 15 min against this level of competition is going to pay dividends somewhere down the road.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We’re a two seed no matter the outcome of this game. Winning twice against arguably the best team in the country and closing out the regular season on a win is huge for this team and their confidence going into the dance. We need this one.

Need?

Blowing out KSU and Baylor while figuring some things out will already do wonders. A win over UH would be terrific, but they're a 1 seed playing for top overall seed. We don't lose anything if we don't win. Just avoid injuries.

As you said, we clinched 2 seed with last night's win, so we're not playing to improve seeding.

FWIW I think we win tonight between the crowd and Houston's injuries.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Need?

Blowing out KSU and Baylor while figuring some things out will already do wonders. A win over UH would be terrific, but they're a 1 seed playing for top overall seed. We don't lose anything if we don't win. Just avoid injuries.

FWIW I think we win tonight between the crowd and Houston's injuries.
The only thing I dont love, is the last time we played houston it seemed to take a month before we got our mojo back. dont love that right before ncaa tourney

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Not expecting a win but it’s certainly possible. I like our chances way more than when we played at their place.

I think we’ll keep it close but Houston is damn good.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The only thing I dont love, is the last time we played houston it seemed to take a month before we got our mojo back. dont love that right before ncaa tourney

On offense, but our defense has continued to show up. We'll have 4-5 days of rest before playing a 15 seed mid major. We're out of the Big 12 grind after tonight.

I feel better about things since Thursday, especially after last night's game. Good team offense, and Milan saw some 3s go in.

Of course, win or lose tonight, NCAA tourney shenanigans could render this debate moot quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner