*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Clearly the team was pacing themselves so they don't lose by more than 20 on Sat.
I will be in the stands tomorrow. It's going to be very VERY weird as well as very VERY hard to watch haha.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
With the potentially wide-open transfer portal this year, it definitely doesn't have to be a long rebuild.
Can gut the roster and rebuild quickly.

I have thought that way as well, but I fear what we get will be mid to lower tier transfers. The good and trending upward teams will get better ones, because many will use it like a free agency to go all in on a 1-2 year window to win. The rebuilds will be that tougher, IMO. Hope I’m wrong, it will be a wild off season nonetheless.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have thought that way as well, but I fear what we get will be mid to lower tier transfers. The good and trending upward teams will get better ones, because many will use it like a free agency to go all in on a 1-2 year window to win. The rebuilds will be that tougher, IMO. Hope I’m wrong, it will be a wild off season nonetheless.
Hey, once Prohm is let go, we'll instantly become a trending upward team. Can't trend down when you're at the very bottom lol.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I think we can take our chances on that one and come out OK.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Wrapping up my masters on the side, yes.

You going to answer my question? I think you look into people's opinions and takes too deep and are expecting the worst out of people.

Wow. So you think if he doesn’t get a job, that he should be a good guy and forgo what he’s owed?

mcdermott had a school that wanted his son to damage a rival program. That helped his prospects

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Hey, once Prohm is let go, we'll instantly become a trending upward team. Can't trend down when you're at the very bottom lol.
It's going to be a tough rebuild. Don't have the glass canon Fred strategy to jump start us. Actually going to need a coach that can develop, make a game plan and recruit.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Wow. So you think if he doesn’t get a job, that he should be a good guy and forgo what he’s owed?

mcdermott had a school that wanted his son to damage a rival program. That helped his prospects
I personally don't care what he does. I wish him well, so I hope he lands with another team sooner rather than later.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
What do you mean? I was defending the team for not having the "Cyclone energy" that someone thought they didn't have. I am going to guess the team got back to Ames from Texas after 1 since The game went until at least 10:30, and I heard sources say they came back to Ames rather than going directly to Lawrence? I am not 100% sure on that.
I think your sources are incorrect on coming back to Ames after TCU unless that was a very last minute change.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Have fun and be loud. Just maybe you can root these guys on to victory perhaps. I myself will be flying to orlando from colorado for a week of r and r with the wife.
I'm for sure going to have to tone down my antics considering 1/10 of a normal crowd will be there. I will for sure cheer loud though!

Reactions: Nococy

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
or...or... hear me out, they just got done playing 30+ minutes each 2 days ago in Texas, get home at like 1 AM to Ames Wednesday, to get on a bus to Lawrence less than 12 hours later to play a game the very next day.
If true, that is on the coaching staff. Just go from Texas to Kansas. Stay overnight do your classes online b/c they are online when they are in Ames. Just like the NCAA tourney; playing Thursday/Saturday. The team should be in better shape at this point of the year.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
If true, that is on the coaching staff. Just go from Texas to Kansas. Stay overnight do your classes online b/c they are online when they are in Ames. Just like the NCAA tourney; playing Thursday/Saturday. The team should be in better shape at this point of the year.
I don't think you understand the kind of toll travel and college basketball puts on a player. They are in fine physical shape, but it can be a mental thing too. What do you tend to do right when you get home from a long road trip? Feel good at work the next morning?

I am not defending the coaching staff here, and they probably should have gone directly to Lawrence, but not being 100% ready to play in this game can be somewhat contributed to their travel schedule.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
In years past, they'd drive to Lawrence from Ames and then fly back after the game. I'm not seeing any flights into Des Moines or Ames listed from last night or this morning.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Serious question: if we get blown out tomorrow at home and show zero life and zero heart, does Prohm even make it out of the weekend without getting fired? If I remember correctly, CPR got fired the day after the KState loss on a Sunday.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Serious question: if we get blown out tomorrow at home and show zero life and zero heart, does Prohm even make it out of the weekend without getting fired? If I remember correctly, CPR got fired the day after the KState loss on a Sunday.
I believe CPR still coached the team in the WVU game right? But either way, there was only one game left at the time. Right now, there is absolutely no point in firing Steve and making things worse for him than they already are. Not only that, but it then puts the players in a very bad situation for the remaining games.

We need to do this the right way, and that means allowing CSP to continue the year out and after the year hold a press conference in which JP announces there was a parting of ways. That's what will happen.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and CyBobby

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

You see that in football more, but it's not SOP in college basketball.

There will be a press conference after the season wraps up. If a change is coming I'm sure Pollard is doing what he needs to behind the scenes