*** Official IOWA STATE vs #19 Clemson Cheez-It Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
This is gonna be a painful comment.

Baylor had the season we thought we’d have this season.

Yep. Sucks. From 2 wins to 12 wins and they lost their starting QB for several games.

Will always hate them for the rape culture, but Aranda is the real deal, as was Rhule before him.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yep. Sucks. From 2 wins to 12 wins and they lost their starting QB for several games.

Will always hate them for the rape culture, but Aranda is the real deal, as was Rhule before him.
Rhule caught lightning in a bottle for one year in Waco and was somehow able to flip that into an NFL job. There is a reason he jumped ship when he did. If he survives this offseason in Carolina I'm guessing he gets canned halfway thru 2022

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
This is gonna be a painful comment.

Baylor had the season we thought we’d have this season.
Only took him one covid season to realize he needed to replace his OC.

Admitted he made a mistake. Fixed the problem by hiring a new offense staff. And moved on.

• Friendly
Reactions: WhoISthis

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Corral going down last night probably meant another 30 or 40 will opt out next bowl season.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I would like ESPN attempt to downplay the Big 12's effort in the bowl season. Okie state comes back from 21 down to beat ND. Iowa State comes back from 17 points to make it a one possession game at the end against their ACC darling. Baylor's 10 sacks against SEC's OM. Texas Tech winning by 27 over an SEC team. Cinci was probably one of Alabama's tougher games, outside of their A & M loss.

Reactions: WhoISthis

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'll prolly catch some flack here. I just watched the game replay, first time seen for me. After all the talk about how Brock P. had a bad game and won't be a pro, and some so easily saying other Cyclone qb's have been better. I don't see it.

Yeah he didn't have his best game. And oh that pick 6 was grueling to watch. The last minute fumble was also hard to watch. But Brock still played pretty well, not great. Clemson had something to do with that.

For those, the majority it seems now, that say he won't see a snap in the NFL, I don't agree with that. It seems to me, and even after watching this game, that Brock, with the right team, would make a very good backup qb. He has plenty adequate arm strength IMO, usually makes good decisions, yes sometimes tries to do too much, or not enough, haven't made up my mind on that one yet.

Right coach and team I like Brock in the NFL as maybe an undrafted free-agent. It wouldn't surprise me if he got drafted in the late rounds. But what do I know.

He is and has been a hell of a qb, and our best qb ever! I don't see why he wouldn't be good at the next level.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'll prolly catch some flack here. I just watched the game replay, first time seen for me. After all the talk about how Brock P. had a bad game and won't be a pro, and some so easily saying other Cyclone qb's have been better. I don't see it.

Yeah he didn't have his best game. And oh that pick 6 was grueling to watch. The last minute fumble was also hard to watch. But Brock still played pretty well, not great. Clemson had something to do with that.

For those, the majority it seems now, that say he won't see a snap in the NFL, I don't agree with that. It seems to me, and even after watching this game, that Brock, with the right team, would make a very good backup qb. He has plenty adequate arm strength IMO, usually makes good decisions, yes sometimes tries to do too much, or not enough, haven't made up my mind on that one yet.

Right coach and team I like Brock in the NFL as maybe an undrafted free-agent. It wouldn't surprise me if he got drafted in the late rounds. But what do I know.

He is and has been a hell of a qb, and our best qb ever! I don't see why he wouldn't be good at the next level.
Agree with everything you're saying here. It's not too crazy to think Brock can't be on an NFL roster somewhere. Even if it's just as a 3rd QB or practice squad QB for a few years. Look at the guy the Vikings threw out there this past weekend. Guy was terrible but he got his shot because he knew how to operate the Vikings system. Brock is smart and he's a competitor. He'll have a role somewhere for someone. What he lacks in size and arm strength he makes up for a ton with some of the intangible stuff. Just having him on your sideline or practice field makes your QB room better imo.