*** Official IOWA STATE vs #19 Clemson Cheez-It Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wth happened to Milton? I must have missed that one. This bowl crap has turned into an absolute joke, I kind of feel bad for people going on these bowl trips. I've been to one and it's alot of money to spend on these teams that are a shell of themselves.

This is looking like Notre Dame 2.0, we were 7-5 this year with all these good players actually playing.

Milton went into the portal.

• Informative
Reactions: NoCreativity

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Line moved from Clemson -2.5 to -1 in the last hour... something fishy is happening on the Clemson side?

agreed. Or it may be a false movement by some whales to get it to -1.0 before it runs up above a FG.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Wth happened to Milton? I must have missed that one. This bowl crap has turned into an absolute joke, I kind of feel bad for people going on these bowl trips. I've been to one and it's alot of money to spend on these teams that are a shell of themselves.

This is looking like Notre Dame 2.0, we were 7-5 this year with all these good players actually playing.

I think he's transferring.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
For all those that think its a repeat of the Notre Dame game, your welcome to put your money where your mouth is as the line is just begging to be taken.

Campbell/Purdy have been blown out and overmatched in one game in four years. Clemson has not dominated anyone on their schedule all year. (outside of South Carolina who was playing Zeb at QB).

Not saying it can't happen, but it'd be like saying the basketball team going to get blown out by Baylor next week because they played poorly against them 3 years ago.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
For all those that think its a repeat of the Notre Dame game, your welcome to put your money where your mouth is as the line is just begging to be taken.

Campbell/Purdy have been blown out and overmatched in one game in four years. Clemson has not dominated anyone on their schedule all year. (outside of South Carolina who was playing Zeb at QB).

Not saying it can't happen, but it'd be like saying the basketball team going to get blown out by Baylor next week because they played poorly against them 3 years ago.
It's more like saying we're going to get blown out by Baylor because we were unlikely to win anyhow and then lost Brockington, Gabe, Kunc, and Conditt. We needed all our guys to deal with the Clemson defense and have a prayer at the game and instead we have nobody

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
So if the best receiver is out...the best defensive player is out, the best RB is out...the answer is pretty obvious:

--blitz everyone, every play on defense.

--wishbone offense.
And pray real hard.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
All the gloom and doom folks can see their way outta hear. If we’re down X, Breece, Newell, Rose, and the transfers so be it. We still have 7 other 1st/2nd team all conference guys playing and a slew of talented young guys who get an opportunity to show out against one of the biggest brands in college football.

You can doubt all you want but I guarantee those guys expect to go out and win. I have no doubt they are going to put out and effort we can be proud of win or lose.