*** Official IOWA STATE vs #7 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Looked up info on new bb arena after hearing on the broadcast that ferrell center is done. New arena is near fb stadium along the river front and capacity of the new arena is only 7,000 lol

Seems like that's a trend and honestly that might be a harder more intense crowd to play in front of.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Looked up info on new bb arena after hearing on the broadcast that ferrell center is done. New arena is near fb stadium along the river front and capacity of the new arena is only 7,000 lol
they just won the NT a couple of years ago and they is all they can do for capacity? Pathetic.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
One of my favorite parts of the game today:

On our last possession TJ had our guys purposely dribble out the shot clock for an automatic turnover. Then Baylor inbounds the ball with 5 seconds to go and Flager flings up a meaningless 3 pointer at the buzzer to get his 20 points for the game.
We all know Rape U has no class. Drew is a douche bag.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
they just won the NT a couple of years ago and they is all they can do for capacity? Pathetic.

I think it just says more about how many people care about bb in Texas. Baylor soon to be 7,000 TCU is less than that and even mighty Texas's new arena holds only 10,000 for bball.

• Agree
Reactions: CyNews and BigCyFan

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Who knows? It's not like having Caleb not play in some of those games (Missouri, Texas, etc) made us play that much better. And Caleb was part of the 6-2 start to conference.

But it appears that it was a relief for the guys to have somewhat of a fresh start and no pressure today.

I think if Caleb had stayed completely healthy he would have stayed in a much better mental state and would not have gotten toxic.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
No, he played 27 today. Not even season high in minutes played (29 against OK state and 27 against Mizzou). He also consistently played 30 or more at EKU but I’m assuming you meant this season.

You’re right, I meant season high. He was active with corralling some key defensive rebounds too. He was gassed at the end. Great game.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think if Caleb had stayed completely healthy he would have stayed in a much better mental state and would not have gotten toxic.
Maybe, but impossible to say. Everything can be outwardly fantastic and someone can still suffer tremendously. That kind of stuff can just change your perception of the world.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneErik

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
It looks like we'll be playing K-State on Thursday night

Help Support Us

Become a patron