*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
All you need is a nice day and ISU can sell 40,000 tkts. To fill you need acceptable weather, a decent opponent, and a team fans are excited about. That's why the only mbb game not sold out is the last one of the season.

Iowa State has only sold out one home mbb game this year….so far.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Hawk fans like this are to be ignored. If they get in your face they rightly deserve to be kicked in the ass. I don't caare how old he is. He should know better.

Can you imagine the entitlement, the audacity, the pomposity, the plain ole 'Iowa is just better attitude' it takes to even dress this way and go to an ISU game?
And we are not talking about a spring chicken.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Hawk fans like this are to be ignored. If they get in your face they rightly deserve to be kicked in the ass. I don't caare how old he is. He should know better.

Can you imagine the entitlement, the audacity, the pomposity, the plain ole 'Iowa is just better attitude' it takes to even dress this way and go to an ISU game?
The guy probably heard Memphis had a good offense and wanted to see what that actually looked like

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why???

View attachment 121399

This was bizarre to say the least. Cyclone fan asked where the Hawk fan was at. We all pointed at him. Hawk fan was around 4 other guys. Cyclone guy starts talking to him. Then it got heated. Lots of jawing back and forth. One guy says the hawk fan is rooting for ISU. Lots of trash talking went on. Finally Cyclone fans wife kinda walks over to him to get him to leave. Just really weird but more excitement than the game.

I was about 10 rows behind this. Honestly it was about the only interesting thing that happened all day.

gordocyclone

Nov 10, 2013
We never seem to be able to get past mediocrity in football. Very frustrating. The team seemed to be lost yesterday. Yes, we are young but to get stomped by Memphis is unacceptable.

• Agree
Reactions: Jdk

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014

Happens way more than it should. Saw at least three other jokers beside this one flying the dirt and piss colors yesterday. I guess some people have more money than sense.

What took the cake for us yesterday was the drunk meth head Memphis fan that was talking smack and trying to pick a fight with me because my son wouldn’t play catch with him.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Happens way more than it should. Saw at least three other jokers beside this one flying the dirt and piss colors yesterday. I guess some people have more money than sense.

What took the cake for us yesterday was the drunk meth head Memphis fan that was talking smack and trying to pick a fight with me because my son wouldn’t play catch with him.
I wasn't drunk

• Haha
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
We never seem to be able to get past mediocrity in football. Very frustrating. The team seemed to be lost yesterday. Yes, we are young but to get stomped by Memphis is unacceptable.
You been reading the same board?

It is very acceptable to a large number of Cyclone fans.

So acceptable that not only will they tolerate the coaching and effort, they defend it.

Did you know we beat a 4 and 3 Oregon team years ago when we had multiple NFL stars on the team?

That was awesome.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I don’t disagree. I was never a big return on investment guy, it’s entertainment. But with all this money being thrown around I don’t know anymore. I mean I get it. They are 20 years old and you can’t win them all. Sometimes you play bad, but stuff like today just isn’t acceptable when you make 4m and everyone pouring money into it like this.
Fans donate and spend the money on the program in HOPES that the coaching staff can coach up those 20 year olds with schemes, strategy, and physical development.

The same frustrating themes exist in CMC’s program year after year, regardless of the players. THAT is what fans deserve to be frustrated about. Not the players, not the kids - but the adults being paid a sh*tload of money to put a cohesive and disciplined product on the field.

It’s not just entertainment. D2 and D3 football is “entertainment”. P5 football is a mega millions (and in so places, billions) business.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny

So acceptable that not only will they tolerate the coaching and effort, they defend it.

Did you know we beat a 4 and 3 Oregon team years ago when we had multiple NFL stars on the team?

That was awesome.
Ha, sad but true reality.

Our fans, overall, are happy with and accepting of 6/7 win seasons and sh*tty bowl games. How many times will Chris Williams and Brent Blum remind us on their next pod that “NO ONE EXPECTED US TO MAKE A BOWL GAME AFTER THE BETTING SCANDAL AND AFTER THE OHIO GAME!” (Insert wanking off gesture here)

Perspective, right!? Remember how we used to suck at football for like 100 years! And that somehow still matters! And BECAUSE of that, it’s now perfectly OK to get beat by Ohio and Memphis.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa

That was awesome.
After that game I was convinced this could possibly be a playoff next season. Needless to say, lesson learned.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Why???

View attachment 121399

This was bizarre to say the least. Cyclone fan asked where the Hawk fan was at. We all pointed at him. Hawk fan was around 4 other guys. Cyclone guy starts talking to him. Then it got heated. Lots of jawing back and forth. One guy says the hawk fan is rooting for ISU. Lots of trash talking went on. Finally Cyclone fans wife kinda walks over to him to get him to leave. Just really weird but more excitement than the game.
Old man wearing calf shitt colored hok face paint to Cyclone bowl game= obsessed tavernhok weirdo.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ha, sad but true reality.

Our fans, overall, are happy with and accepting of 6/7 win seasons and sh*tty bowl games. How many times will Chris Williams and Brent Blum remind us on their next pod that “NO ONE EXPECTED US TO MAKE A BOWL GAME AFTER THE BETTING SCANDAL AND AFTER THE OHIO GAME!” (Insert wanking off gesture here)

Perspective, right!? Remember how we used to suck at football for like 100 years! And that somehow still matters! And BECAUSE of that, it’s now perfectly OK to get beat by Ohio and Memphis.

Why don't you ever come around on here before games?

Reactions: cycloner29