*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
Logged on to post about the most horrific ref performance I've ever seen, the 8 reviews that all went one way, the 3 ISU TE catches that were covered up but allowed to stand including 7 points but I scrolled through all 126 pages of game threads and the Jennifer Love Hewitt gifs changed everything.

I love the hell out of ISU fans and have a ton of respect for this fanbase despite losing 5 straight to you. Anyone who posts JLH gifs has my admiration, she's the perfect woman.

You've done it the right way. Screw Texas, Okalahoma, Oklahoma State and Baylor, they all cheat their ass off. Iowa State has paid their dues, the fanbase has suffered and built it up the right way.

I have a ton of respect for y'all. Good luck the rest of the way, win the conference and Go Cyclones!

I had been texting my Tech friends that the Refs were complete dog **** to Texas Tech's detriment today and we still weren't able to overcome it. Hats off to you. Enjoy the 6th win and bowl eligibility

Reactions: ttuadvisor

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I am looking forward to next season only because we won't have sky-high expectations. Our expectations will be a bowl game and anything more than that will be great. It sucks to say but this team failed every goal we set out to accomplish. Beat Iowa? Failed. Win 10 games? Not happening. Get back to Arlington? Not happening. NY6 bowl? Nope. I mean right now, we're fighting for a Liberty Bowl berth. I am just super frustrated.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Our most hyped season ever is going to end in 7-5. I'm not sure there was a more predictable but unwanted outcome
This season feels a lot like the 2019 season. Despite the 2018 season ending in a loss to Wazzu, 2019 had a lot of hype around it. This season was the most anticipated season in school history and we've got nothing to show for it. Disappointing but it's just a very Iowa State thing to happen. I wish I had all the answers, but I don't. Everything is so hard for this program it seems. I will always be glad for where Campbell and co. have gotten this team, but it just feels like we'll never take that next step.

Reactions: ISU_Guy

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This season feels a lot like the 2019 season. Despite the 2018 season ending in a loss to Wazzu, 2019 had a lot of hype around it. This season was the most anticipated season in school history and we've got nothing to show for it. Disappointing but it's just a very Iowa State thing to happen. I wish I had all the answers, but I don't. Everything is so hard for this program it seems. I will always be glad for where Campbell and co. have gotten this team, but it just feels like we'll never take that next step.

We can do one thing that 2019 team didn’t do and that is win a bowl game. If we finish 7-5, there are high odds we are headed back to Orlando unless the Big 12 doesn’t get a second NY6 birth (unlikely).

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Disappointing loss, but the team didn't fold when down by a bunch.

I think the most disappointing thing everybody has on their minds is our team has it play 10 games and in those 10 games they have looked not ready to play or unprepared five times. And 4 of those have ended in losses.

The other disappointing thing is how you can have an all American tight end, Heisman candidate type running back, and one of the best quarterbacks in Iowa State history and yet nothing offensively is ever open.
That tells me our oline is not very good and our play calling is suspect.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I think the most disappointing thing everybody has on their minds is our team has it play 10 games and in those 10 games they have looked not ready to play or unprepared five times. And 4 of those have ended in losses.

The other disappointing thing is how you can have an all American tight end, Heisman candidate type running back, and one of the best quarterbacks in Iowa State history and yet nothing offensively is ever open.
That tells me our oline is not very good and our play calling is suspect.
And our WRs minus X are just not very good either

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum