*** OFFICIAL ISU-IOWA POSTGAME THREAD ***

ISU3PtLand

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, Iowa
A little bit of a slip up in the cyclones.com wrap-up.......

Cyclone Game Ball Goes To...
Georges Niang. During the struggle that was the first half, it was Niang who helped steady the Iowa State ​**** whenever he could. Niang dominated proceedings for the Cyclones with 16 points in the first 20 minutes.

Niang closed out his career night with the defining moment that Iowa State fans will be talking about for years. His reverse lay-up under the hoop gave Iowa State an 83-82 lead that it would not relinquish.
The sophomore finished the game with a career-high 24 points, his second-straight 20-point game after 22 points in the victory over UNI. Niang shot 8-of-15 from the field and was a cool 8-of-10 from the free throw line. He also posted five assists.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Georges Niang. During the struggle that was the first half, it was Niang who helped steady the Iowa State ​**** whenever he could. Niang dominated proceedings for the Cyclones with 16 points in the first 20 minutes.

Niang closed out his career night with the defining moment that Iowa State fans will be talking about for years. His reverse lay-up under the hoop gave Iowa State an 83-82 lead that it would not relinquish.
The sophomore finished the game with a career-high 24 points, his second-straight 20-point game after 22 points in the victory over UNI. Niang shot 8-of-15 from the field and was a cool 8-of-10 from the free throw line. He also posted five assists.

That is awesome

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
We are an ugly team right now. But man do we fight, claw, and have heart? Which makes it so pretty!

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA

What am I missing?

EDIT: Ah...nevermind...I found Waldo...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa can blame the refs all they want, but ISU pulled it out by closing on an 8-0 run. Gesell misses 2 FTs, White dribbled it off his knee, etc. Nothing that the refs did. Sorry.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Iowa can blame the refs all they want, but ISU pulled it out by closing on an 8-0 run. Gesell misses 2 FTs, White dribbled it off his knee, etc. Nothing that the refs did. Sorry.

The refs were terrible both ways. That said, Iowa gave that game away. They have no excuses.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
That is our game, play poor defense in the first half, and tighten up in the second half. I gave up on this game so many times, I am glad the cyclones never seem to give up. Niang, didn't he make a great down the stretch pass also? I have to watch the game again. It is hard to watch it the first time with so much at stake.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Iowa outplayed us in every part of the game and should have won. ISU has major major issues defensively, I have no idea what was going on out there but it has to get fixed. Iowa should have won this, but at the same time they didn't do everything they needed to do to win in a place like Hilton. You simply cannot walk into a place like Stillwater, or Ames, or Lawrence and start fouling like crazy every time down the floor, Iowa just reaches and grabs waaaaaay too much to win a ton of road games. That is going to kill them down the stretch if they keep that up.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This team is straight gansta

We played pretty poorly the whole game and down five with 80 seconds remaining and still won

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Sat at prime time in CR with one of the most gracious Hawk fans ever tonight. Nice guy, cheered hard and excepted defeat as well as i could have. KUDOS to that guy and his friend.

It was great to listen the air slowly leak out of the place as ISU kept getting closer and closer....

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Kane azz pass off Woody results in 3 pt play, eventual margin of victory. Need to find it for new screensaver.

Wish they would have left McCabe and Jok in together more, would have built a lead.

McCabe 0-everything and shooting 3 at end? :biglaugh:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We have lost games we probably should have won (Kansas) and won games we probably should have lost (Iowa)

There are more we probably should have won, so it is right we win one of them