***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I don't want to jinx it but if Indiana pulls off an upset in the ECF, we'll have a year where an ISU QB and ISU PG play for championships in the same year. It's not long ago when I just wanted to see some ISU guys in the NFL/NBA, never dreamed of seeing them star for championship level teams.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Tyrese just gets it. Iowa st/sacramento/indiana. He just gets how to endear himself with the franchise
And he's smart. That will sell a lot of t-shirts and hoodies.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't want to jinx it but if Indiana pulls off an upset in the ECF, we'll have a year where an ISU QB and ISU PG play for championships in the same year. It's not long ago when I just wanted to see some ISU guys in the NFL/NBA, never dreamed of seeing them star for championship level teams.

Home court will make it tough, but I don't think Boston is some impossible task for them.
Dan Patrick absolutely throwing ESPN under the bus for clearly being Knicks biased.

"I don't need a Stephen A. Smith arrival video."

Glad I’m not the only one who thought the whole thing was gross and absurd. Wilbon and so many others on the network were also just openly cheering for New York.

When I watched the TNT show and highlights that were not this way it became even more glaring.

Reactions: bozclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If that is the finals matchup, I expect to hear about complaints on how the ratings would have been better if there were teams from larger markets.

I’ll never understand this. I’ve lived in Chicago and La for 25 years but to me I tune out teams like Lakers and Celtics and tune in to see teams like pacers and twolves. Underdogs or young/exciting players is what I want to see, unless there is some player assaulting historical records (LeBron, MJ, woods, etc)

This Boston team is among the most boring imaginable to me if they weren’t playing a team I had been pulling for in the pacers.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How many games do you have Indiana winning?

I don't think they'll win the series but I think 2 or 3 wins for the Pacers is more likely than 0 or 1. Probably 4-2 Boston if I was forced to bet.

If they had home court I might give them a coin flip chance. They've been very tough at home and played well against Boston in regular season (Hali was injured the one game Boston killed them). Tyrese seems to finally be getting healthy, he was inconsistent against New York but had games where he looked "back to normal". The last month of the regular season and against Milwaukee he really didn't look like he had previously.

There was a stretch in the regular season before the hamstring game where he was as lethal on offense as anybody other than maybe Joker and Luka. He was shooting it like Dame or Steph but also the best in the league at running tempo offense. If he's like that and McConnell as the perfect second guard to push pace, their offense creates real problems. Turner can be a matchup nightmare when he's on, a guy who shoots high % 3s but also effortlessly throws down dunks from 8 feet away. Siakam adds some toughness and experience they really need. Their young guys including Tyrese are rapidly getting experience. Nesmith is really improving by the week, Matherin was showing tons of promise before injury.

Nesmith might have been the hidden MVP of the New York series. He left Boston where he barely played and is blossoming with Pacers, should be highly motivated. Playing with Tyrese and McConnell really helps him on offense I think. It's really only his second season of being a heavy rotation player.

• Informative
Reactions: IASTATE07