NFL: ***Official Week Ten Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Chargers @ Raiders tonight. With a win tonight and a Chiefs loss on Sunday the Raiders would be one game back in the AFC West with back to back games against the Bengals and Jets coming up. Gruden has been much better than I thought he'd be. He's still kind of a clown but the Raiders are competitive and there's some good young talent on the roster.

Lions @ Bears - Loser falls to the bottom of the NFC North and probably stays there. The Bears are running out of time if they're going to make a run.

Bills @ Browns - Is Buffalo for real? Can Baker and the Browns turn the season around?

Chiefs @ Titans - Grab bag game for KC. You never know what you're going to get out of Tennessee.

Vikes @ Cowboys - The dreaded prime time slot for Kirk Cousins.

Seahawks @ Niners - Really good Monday nighter for a change. SF has looked awesome but they've played a really weak schedule, too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28027691/sources-antonio-brown-scheduled-meet-nfl-next-week

Something to watch for here. If AB meets with the NFL and we get a better idea of whether or not he'll be able to play there will be a handful of interested teams. He's the last impact player out there in free agency. If it looks like he'll be allowed to play I would think the Eagles will make a hard run at him after losing DeSean Jackson for the season. They're in bad need of a big play WR who can take the top off a defense.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28027691/sources-antonio-brown-scheduled-meet-nfl-next-week

Something to watch for here. If AB meets with the NFL and we get a better idea of whether or not he'll be able to play there will be a handful of interested teams. He's the last impact player out there in free agency. If it looks like he'll be allowed to play I would think the Eagles will make a hard run at him after losing DeSean Jackson for the season. They're in bad need of a big play WR who can take the top off a defense.
Did you see his rant today?? The NFL is all about team over individual and he flat out said "F the NFL so idk if there will be anyone interested. Only one team was interested in Josh Gordon and he is healthy, not a drug addict anymore, isn't on record with an insane anti-NFL rant and outstanding rape allegations.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Did you see his rant today?? The NFL is all about team over individual and he flat out said "F the NFL so idk if there will be anyone interested. Only one team was interested in Josh Gordon and he is healthy, not a drug addict anymore, isn't on record with an insane anti-NFL rant and outstanding rape allegations.

Yeah, I saw that after I started the thread. I don't know. He's said so much outlandish stuff since this all started that it's hard to take any of it seriously. This time next week he could be meeting with the NFL or signed with the XFL or announced that he's moving to New Zealand to start a hot air balloon tour business and I wouldn't be surprised at any of those outcomes.

Ultimately, money talks and his best bet to make any more is to find his way back to the NFL. Despite his rant today I still think the meeting with the league goes down next week and he'll be on his best behavior for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/07/antonio-brown-changes-his-tune-again/

“I’m just very frustrated right now with the false allegations and slander to my name,” Brown said on Twitter. “I love football and I miss it. I just want to play and I’m very emotional about that. I’m determined to make my way back to the NFL asap.”

Nice sentiment. Did Rosenhaus write that for him or did he come up with it all by himself?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Raiders down 4 with 2 minutes to go with about 40 yards to go.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/07/antonio-brown-changes-his-tune-again/

“I’m just very frustrated right now with the false allegations and slander to my name,” Brown said on Twitter. “I love football and I miss it. I just want to play and I’m very emotional about that. I’m determined to make my way back to the NFL asap.”

Nice sentiment. Did Rosenhaus write that for him or did he come up with it all by himself?
I can pretty much guarantee he didn't write that.

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Did Phil/Chargers forget they had all 3 timeouts left? Not sure why they were trying to hit a homerun every play. 8 straight incompletions to end a game is pathetic

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Did Phil/Chargers forget they had all 3 timeouts left? Not sure why they were trying to hit a homerun every play. 8 straight incompletions to end a game is pathetic

I’m wondering if the analytics dorks are telling them it’s more efficient to try to get the PI than throw a seven yard pass that stays in bounds.

• Useful
Reactions: Acylum

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Yeah, that quote just oozes the essence of AB. :rolleyes:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Got up to get a cup of coffee when the Lions kicked off after the field goal.

Got back, and it's Lions ball.

Right on par.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Unless Driskell is the spiritual successor of Tom Brady for the Detroit Patriots, with Stafford out, if the Bears don't win this game, heads should roll.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Unless Driskell is the spiritual successor of Tom Brady for the Detroit Patriots, with Stafford out, if the Bears don't win this game, heads should roll.

It's time for the Bears to announce 'We ****ed up!' and just throw Daniel out there. There's no way it would be much worse. It's not Trubisky's fault they picked him so I don't even blame him....he's just not the guy and not a good fit. Of course, by 'fit' that would mean the Bears had some sort of identity to begin with.

Of course DM carries a guy for an extra yard for a 1st down.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
When was the last time a football fan heard the intro riff to Welcome to the Jungle and stood up and pumped his fist in exhortation for his local sports franchise? Is it anybody's jam? The over/under is November 1998.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Man I'd have sworn the Titans were offsides on the last play. They never replayed it though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron