Officially a Ford Man

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Made the jump and bought a Ford. Never thought in my life I would be on a Ford lot much less driving one off.

Fingers crossed for good luck, but if that doesn't work I'll fall back in the warranty

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I'm a toyota fanboy in that I love my prius... :) I had a windshield wiper fluid pump go out on me once, but 100% covered by the warranty. Other than that, never had an issue and really like my car.

That being said, Ford is where I've been looking lately as we need more space. Likely going to end up with the Prius V instead, but we have been visiting the Ford lot quite a bit and dreaming about SUVs. I think they've improved their line more than any major automaker in the past decade. I just can't give up the mileage I'm getting with my prius. I fill a 10 gallon tank once a month... Gas budget runs $30-40 each month. Allows me to upgrade the lease and get more toys inside, which I really enjoy.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Made the jump and bought a Ford. Never thought in my life I would be on a Ford lot much less driving one off.

Fingers crossed for good luck, but if that doesn't work I'll fall back in the warranty
I grew up a Chevy guy. My dad never had anything else and never let us drive anything else. Based on what has been happening lately in the auto industry, Ford is the only "Domestic" car that I would buy today.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I grew up in Chevy pickups back when they still had the in cab gas tank.

Traded from an old Nissan to a Fusion. The Ford seems to pack a lot of value for the money and 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train helps too.

Drove a lot of vehicles from multiple companies. Good to see a domestic brand competing well in that car class.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I love my 2011 F-150 with the ecoboost engine.

Don't pull anything huh?

I'll be buying a Dodge next, mostly because it will be a diesel. I have been a Chevy fan boy all of my life but the new Dodge interior has caught up and surpassed Chevy. Of course, I could change my mind and wait until the new Chevy comes out next year to see what it's like, but I still think I will have a Dodge.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I grew up in Chevy pickups back when they still had the in cab gas tank.

Traded from an old Nissan to a Fusion. The Ford seems to pack a lot of value for the money and 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train helps too.

Drove a lot of vehicles from multiple companies. Good to see a domestic brand competing well in that car class.

I assume you got a heck of a deal since the redisgned one is right around the corner?

The good thing is that when you buy right before a remodel you're usually getting the most reliable model.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
The new Fusion is pretty sweet, I've heard the new Mustang is going to have similar styling. Going for more of a european edge.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Don't pull anything huh?

I'll be buying a Dodge next, mostly because it will be a diesel. I have been a Chevy fan boy all of my life but the new Dodge interior has caught up and surpassed Chevy. Of course, I could change my mind and wait until the new Chevy comes out next year to see what it's like, but I still think I will have a Dodge.

I don't need to pull anything heavy with it. It spent some time on the seed tender this spring. We have a bigger farm pickup to pull a livestock trailer and stuff.

Wallacelantz

Dec 30, 2008
I just bought a fusion this week. It is my first new car and so far I love it. So far I am averaging 32mpg.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Don't pull anything huh?

Take this for what it's worth (you know what they say about free advice), but my brother is a Mechanical Engineer for Caterpillar (in Peoria, IL). He works on the design of their diesel engines (and he holds many patents - yes, he is way smarter than I am) and has told me on several occasions that if he were ever to buy a diesel pickup, he would only buy a Chevy. He did say the the Cummins in Dodge are OK, but he would never buy a Ford diesel - said they are garbage.

Now, if you're buying a gas engine, that is completely different and that's not his expertise, so I have no information for you there.

I personally will never buy a Chrysler vehicle again. I've tried twice and had nothing but problems (especially transmissions). Even when everything is covered by a warranty, it's a complete pain in the butt to have to bring the car in, get a loner, wait in the shop, etc - especially when you have to do it all the time.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Take this for what it's worth (you know what they say about free advice), but my brother is a Mechanical Engineer for Caterpillar (in Peoria, IL). He works on the design of their diesel engines (and he holds many patents - yes, he is way smarter than I am) and has told me on several occasions that if he were ever to buy a diesel pickup, he would only buy a Chevy. He did say the the Cummins in Dodge are OK, but he would never buy a Ford diesel - said they are garbage.

Now, if you're buying a gas engine, that is completely different and that's not his expertise, so I have no information for you there.

I personally will never buy a Chrysler vehicle again. I've tried twice and had nothing but problems (especially transmissions). Even when everything is covered by a warranty, it's a complete pain in the butt to have to bring the car in, get a loner, wait in the shop, etc - especially when you have to do it all the time.

There is nothing wrong with the Duramax or Cummins. There are two points for me. The first feels weird to say but I like the Dodge interior better. The second is that anything that is built to pull and last is an in-line engine. I wouldn't have a Ford diesel either. Their F150s are a good pickup, but I would not touch their diesel.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm a toyota fanboy in that I love my prius... :) I had a windshield wiper fluid pump go out on me once, but 100% covered by the warranty. Other than that, never had an issue and really like my car.

That being said, Ford is where I've been looking lately as we need more space. Likely going to end up with the Prius V instead, but we have been visiting the Ford lot quite a bit and dreaming about SUVs. I think they've improved their line more than any major automaker in the past decade. I just can't give up the mileage I'm getting with my prius. I fill a 10 gallon tank once a month... Gas budget runs $30-40 each month. Allows me to upgrade the lease and get more toys inside, which I really enjoy.

If you are looking SUV and hybrid I will just throw this out there. The last time we were looking we test drove an Escape hybrid on a lark. We were underwhelmed. It didn't seem like the electric drive would kick in even when we were driving at a steady moderate speed or even slightly decelerating. I kind of wanted to try a Fusion hybrid but they didn't have one. It ended up being moot since got a great deal on a year old low mile used Mariner with all of the bells and whistles which of course now is a curiosity since Mercury is kaput. At this point I think it will take a lot for me to buy a brand new car again. There is just too much depreciation in that first year/10,000 miles for it to be worth it.

Icculus

Jun 15, 2012
Ames
No one in my family for the last 30 years has owned a ford. Always gm. I broke that trend in march when I got an F-150 raptor with 6.2L. It's the baddest truck on the market and no way will I be going back to gm any time soon!!!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
No one in my family for the last 30 years has owned a ford. Always gm. I broke that trend in march when I got an F-150 raptor with 6.2L. It's the baddest truck on the market and no way will I be going back to gm any time soon!!!

6,000lbs and 13 mpg. Yowsa

That do look bad *** though

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron