Offseason game of the day thread

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
If you're like me, you're missing ISU sports. The point of this thread is to post clips or full games from some fun games from the past. I put this in the football forum, but you can put basketball, women's basketball, wrestling, whatever your heart desires. Snow games are always fun, even more fun when you kick some emaw ass in their own house.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I've seen a ton of incredible games in person the last 25+ years of me going to ISU games. Here are a few of my favorites.
"I'm not sure if this field can fit all 55,000 but they're going to try"

Joel Klatt calling the game before he became Joel Klatt as we know him now.

"Unprofessional fans!"

"Are the cameras strapped down"

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I've seen a ton of incredible games in person the last 25+ years of me going to ISU games. Here are a few of my favorites.
"I'm not sure if this field can fit all 55,000 but they're going to try"

Joel Klatt calling the game before he became Joel Klatt as we know him now.

"Unprofessional fans!"

"Are the cameras strapped down"
Here are a couple of honorable mentions just because I was not at these games but vividly remember watching on TV.

A very young Mike Tirico called this game. This is the game Drew Tate threw an interception and knocked himself out with a concusion in the same play lol

Brent Musberger was pretty much actively cheering on ISU in this game

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I was also at this one! My family had just moved to Iowa. This was 13 year old Fershizzle’s first Jack Trice experience.

Bob motherfucking Utter rumbling through the Nebby secondary at blistering speed is one of my Cyclone core memories.

I was 12 and at this one too on my uncle's ticket who figured farming was better than going. Not sure he ever let me forget it. :) Although it was Marv Sieler not Utter.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
  • Wow
Reactions: RagingCloner