Old School Adult Swim

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
With the passing of C. Martin Croker, Adult Swim has dusted off a lot of the old episodes of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. They can be found here:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/space-ghost-coast-to-coast/

This was a staple for me back in high school/early college days. It's absurd, ridiculous, and hilarious. It set the tone for Adult Swim. Enjoy.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
With the passing of C. Martin Croker, Adult Swim has dusted off a lot of the old episodes of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. They can be found here:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/space-ghost-coast-to-coast/

This was a staple for me back in high school/early college days. It's absurd, ridiculous, and hilarious. It set the tone for Adult Swim. Enjoy.

As a 32 year old, I still watch Adult Swim. It was a lot better back in the early to mid 2000's with Aqua Teen, Sealab 2021 (favorite show ever on Adult Swim), Harvey Birdman, Futurama/Family Guy reruns. There is still some good stuff on the channel like Squidbillies, Tim and Eric stuff

Reactions: State43 and Angie

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
As a 32 year old, I still watch Adult Swim. It was a lot better back in the early to mid 2000's with Aqua Teen, Sealab 2021 (favorite show ever on Adult Swim), Harvey Birdman, Futurama/Family Guy reruns. There is still some good stuff on the channel like Squidbillies, Tim and Eric stuff
Sealab 2021 was absolutely brilliant. I can't imagine Archer existing without that as an influence.

This episode still cracks me up.
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/space-ghost-coast-to-coast/knifin-around/

Reactions: BoxsterCy and Angie

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
One of my favorite scenes of squidbillies

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I loved Aquateen and Sealab2021. Wasn't Sealab originally supposed to be a serious show but went off the rails or was it a parody of a previous show?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I loved Aquateen and Sealab2021. Wasn't Sealab originally supposed to be a serious show but went off the rails or was it a parody of a previous show?

I believe Sealab 2020 was a serious show back in the 60s or 70s, wasn't it? EDIT - yes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealab_2020

It's basically a reboot, like they did with Johnny Quest. But soooo much better.

I loved Space Ghost and all of that. Aquateen was amazing until the movie, then it went heavily downhill.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you haven't seen an episode of Rick and Morty yet, check them out. It is the best show on the channel right now. Made by the creator of Community.

As much as Dan Harmon seems like sort of a turd, he makes some excellent shows.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

HAHA, at 46, this is a staple in my life. Other than sports, it's almost the only TV I watch at all.

As others have posted, it's not quite as good as it used to be, but Rick and Morty is right up there with some of the greatest of all time.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
giphy.gif

I find myself dying at Dr. Steve Brule. It is so dumb, but so so funny.

Reactions: JSmoove and Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is the best reason to hang at CF. If I said Space Ghost to anyone I know in real life I would just get a blank look and a "WTF ya talkin' about, man" in response.

And, (topic shift) because of your avatar @Entropy , did you know Doctor Strangelove is in selected theaters tonight a as part of a TCM channel thingy? Nearest to CR is Sycamore 12 Theatre in IC.

Reactions: Entropy and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Peak adult swim was either 12 ounce mouse or Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Tom or Tim & Eric, absolutely.

Although, the Tim & Eric movie traumatized me.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is the best reason to hang at CF. If I said Space Ghost to anyone I know in real life I would just get a blank look and a "WTF ya talkin' about, man" in response.

And, (topic shift) because of your avatar @Entropy , did you know Doctor Strangelove is in selected theaters tonight a as part of a TCM channel thingy? Nearest to CR is Sycamore 12 Theatre in IC.
Oh man. I have other things going on tonight or I would be all over that. That would be amazing to see on the big screen.