Omaha enters the transfer portal (confirmed)

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I would too.

But the key word here is “play”. Will he play? When he did play here he showed he was a LONG ways away…. like years. Was just lost out there. Maybe Fred knows what to do?
That seems harsh. I thought he looked semi competent against K State and Baylor in the Big 12 Tournament. Which is better than what we saw early in the season

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That seems harsh. I thought he looked semi competent against K State and Baylor in the Big 12 Tournament. Which is better than what we saw early in the season
Agree. Omaha will eventually get there. It just might take a couple years.

If he has the dedication to work on his game and body this off-season, he can play next year. But IMO he needs to be willing to play a 4/5 role next season if his development is gradual.

Playing the 3 position in college requires a guy to be dynamic on offense and ability to guards guys 6'3" or 6'7".

For those who have given up on Biliew, look at the PT as freshman for some of our best players during TJ's era. Or even the guys we are looking at in the portal this year.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Since he entered the portal, I have thought Fred would be the best place to land.

K-State would seem odd as he saw the cray-cray first hand, but maybe he likes insanity?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don’t know where the best place to land for him is, still feels like a drop down and getting playing time would be best. If he can get pt at Nebraska then fine, but why else leave?

Reactions: WISCY1895

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’ve always sort of liked Wake since the Tim Duncan days. Probably the first college player I ever remembered outside of a handful of ISU players.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Wake Forest Head Coach got his coaching start at SWCC in Creston, Iowa. Has a very close relationship with the coaches and staff that are part of the community. Would easily believe those ties along with other state of Iowa connections was the foundation for Omaha’s recruitment.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Does WF play the style that some think will fit Omaha better?
I think most people respect Forbes to put Omaha into a place to succeed. He has had success with talented transfers that needed a fresh start. Different players but he made Sallis an NBA prospect after a meh time at Gonzaga. Omaha needs to get onto the court to develop and that wasn't going to happen at ISU next year he'll get that fresh start and opportunity at WF. I'll be rooting Omaha to find success there.