Oregon's new arena

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Oregon is officially holding their first game at the new Matthew Knight Arena tonite vs. USC and are holding the opening ceremonies now on FSN. It's like the opening ceremonies for the olympics... lots of pomp and circumstance..... what else should we expect from Oregon.

P.S. the arena and floor are pretty sweet.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Although very cool, that floor is kinda hard on the eyes. But it could just be the fact that it is brand new and awfully shiny in the middle.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm assuming their is a half-court line on that court but it's damn hard to see.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
They just did the "I believe that we will win" chant.
And yeah, the floor seems to be very, very shiny.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The floor is a travashammockery. Looks like the floor of an old bar's bathroom.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Although very cool, that floor is kinda hard on the eyes. But it could just be the fact that it is brand new and awfully shiny in the middle.

Yep, a lot of glare on that court from all the lights they have.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
Is there a mid-court line? I can't see it at all. I guess that's standard def for you, though.

I like the arena. Clearly Oregon has the $. No question there. And I like the floor. It's a bit over the top, but it's different.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Oregon is a marketing machine. It may seem stupid but I can assure you it has landed casual fans and recruiting interest. oregon is just the cool kid.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Is there a mid-court line? I can't see it at all. I guess that's standard def for you, though.

I like the arena. Clearly Oregon has the $. No question there. And I like the floor. It's a bit over the top, but it's different.

They showed a close up of the line; it does exist. However, even in that view it was hard to see.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
No wonder Dana Altman went to Oregon......brand spanking new arena. It must be nice to have a donor named Nike.

I think the silhouttes of the trees on the floor is cool and all, but not sure about the brown color......it kind of looks like they forgot to clean up the ends of the court after a motocross event. I also don't see a half court line - maybe they didn't get to that yet?

Last edited:
No wonder Dana Altman went to Oregon......brand ing new arena. It must be nice to have a donor named Nike.

I think the silhouttes of the trees on the floor is cool and all, but not sure about the brown color......it kind of looks like they forgot to clean up the ends of the court after a motocross even. I also don't see a half court line - maybe they didn't get to that yet?
No, you just have to be standing on it to see it:wideeyed:

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Just caught a couple highlights from the game, and as crazy as the picture was, the floor didn't appear to be as bad as what I thought it was going to be in live action. My first take was that is a bad idea, but when seen in action on tv I didn't think it was to bad. I thought it was pretty sweet!

Last edited: