our defense...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It all begins and ends with the line play.

I'm optimistic that our Dline went toe-to-toe with one of the best O-lines in college football and performed decently. I think when these guys face more inexperienced o-lines we could be in for a surprise.
Our offensive line doesn't scare me. They've played extremely well this season.

Our defensive line is in HUGE trouble. We can't create any kind of pressure without bringing a blitz and that's going to get our secondary and linebackers eaten alive. It doesn't matter if we can stop the run vs. Kansas or Oklahoma State, Reesing and ZR will eat our defense alive because they'll have all week to throw.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I actually think that the D is set up more to handle the spread than the running offenses we've seen. That's not to say that they won't give up more points and yards to spread offenses than they have so far.

What it comes down to for me is that AA is going to have to get on track soon as opposing defenses are not going to let ARob beat them. And for AA to get on track, we are going to HAVE to see a healthy DD, SJ and HJ. A WR corps of Hamilton, Williams and Carlson scares nobody. On the other side of the ball, they are going to need Neal and Maggitt to step up and they are going to need McDowell on the team as Benton is going to be a key both at NB and CB.

Also, there absolutely cannot be any OL injuries. Hulbert leaving and Hicks being ruled ineligible killed the depth there.