Pass the Kool-Aid, I'm drinking

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
After listening to Deace and Miller this am, I'm feeling better about this team and our chances for a bowl. If the defense can slow somebody down, I think our offense can hang in there. I'm talking 6 to 7 wins now, I'm drinking-not chugging.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
I think a lot of people of the press that aren't necessarily close to the program came away from media day impressed. I saw a lot of positive press yesterday and am reading a lot of positive articles today.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Pass it this way then, please. Cause I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. But I just don't see a squad that finished 0-10, got blanked in conference, has a new staff and new schemes, making that momentus of a leap. I'm hoping for 4 wins.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Pass it this way then, please. Cause I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. But I just don't see a squad that finished 0-10, got blanked in conference, has a new staff and new schemes, making that momentus of a leap. I'm hoping for 4 wins.

I'm with DaddyMac (that sounds....inappropriate).

I hope for 6 wins, but expect 4.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I'm all for the enthusiasm but what I don't want to see is a let down directed toward PR if we don't get to 6-7 wins. I think the proper mentality is hope and pray for 6 wins and if we get them celebrate. But if PR comes up a little short lets all remember to stay positive and be patient while he installs his system. This team only won 5 games the last 2 years combined...getting to 4-5 wins would still be a step in the right direction.

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
I told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up this season just to have them crushed like usual. Well, that has went out the window and I am really pumped for this team. I see 6 to 7 wins.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
please pass the kool-aid over here - i am severely parched and need the refreshment.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
I told myself I wasn't going to get my hopes up this season just to have them crushed like usual. Well, that has went out the window and I am really pumped for this team. I see 6 to 7 wins.

I don't think many of us actually disagree that this team is capable of 6-7 wins (if the ball bounces our way a few times). Just seems to me the general concensus is 3-5 wins in a more realistic approach.

I for one can see this team going to a bowl game this year, but as you said, I don't want to expect a bowl game only to be dissapointed when we come up short.

My W/L prediction is 5-7 (2-6). That is 5-7 overall and 2-6 in conference.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
Not going to jump in head first quite yet and say 6 wins and a bowl game, but listening to Miller and Deace did get me excited for the season. It also reminded me how big of a waste last year was. We had mor first downs than Iowa did last year during that game, we had over 30 first downs agains both KSU and TAM, 35 yards away from a game winning FG against KU, the option play against CU. Seriously how did that happen!!??!!

balken

Apr 14, 2006
While there is a huge upgrade in DC and OC, I am not sure how you can get too excited about their prospects when implementing a new system with players from a previous coach. That said, I am predicting an undefeated season with the only close game in the Big 12 championship game against Texas, but that will still be a 3 TD victory.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

I'm with DaddyMac (that sounds....inappropriate).

I hope for 6 wins, but expect 4.

This sounds like a great time to cue Journey's "Don't Stop Believing":jimlad:

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I refuse to get my hopes up BUT we did have 4 games that could have went our way last season. (Iowa, UNLV, KU, CU). We've got some decent experienced talent now and good schedule for some wins.

It all depends on the learning curve of the offense imo and the defense to be no worse than last season.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa

We had just about the worst defense in the nation last year.....

It can't get any worse than that.......

assume with a little coaching they can maybe get a defense ranked in the 70's or 60's by no means great, but I imagine it could of been enough last year to put a few more wins on the table.

I don't see a bowl game out of the leaps of reality, but I expect to see some improvement on both sides of the ball. As long as that happens we will put up more wins than last year. Whatever that number is I will be happy with.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I'll come right out and say I hope ISU makes it to a bowl game. I'd rather have higher expectations and be disappointed than have low expectations going into the season.

Sounds a little crazy, I know.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
I think DaddyMac and I just found "our song"!!!

I envision dosry5 with Steve Perry's voice in his Lt. Dangle outfit belting out the lyrics to DaddyMac sitting with flowers in hand on the lone chair in the middle of the stage.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I envision dosry5 with Steve Perry's voice in his Lt. Dangle outfit belting out the lyrics to DaddyMac sitting with flowers in hand on the lone chair in the middle of the stage.

I will now have the vision in my head all day.

Thanks -- FOR NOTHING!:jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron