pssst.....just between me and you

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I kinda feel the same way cope. I'm going to have a great time tomorrow but I'm not like jacked out of my mind about things.

Same here. I mean, I'm glad college football is back. I spend more time watching college football of all kinds than anyone I can think of. I'm usually jacked up by now but getting kicked in the nads year after year has taken its toll.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Not sure what to tell you...I'm climbing the walls here. How can you seriously not be excited for CPR and Herman and seeing what Wally does with this defense?

This. I can't remember being this excited about an upcoming season. CPR and his staff have taken me to that point. I think we are going to realize this year just how lucky we are that Auburn took out the garbage for us after last season.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I love ISU football and am major excited.

I dont expect a good season however for another 3-4 years. I just think we are that much further behind the rest of the Big 12.

Getting excited and having low expectations are completely seperate things when you arent that annoying guy in the stadium that whines and complains about every little thing that goes wrong when it does go wrong.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I feel the same way, but I compare it to drinking. Right now, us fans are nursing a massive hangover (Chizik leaving, 2-10 record, poor defense) but all we need to do is drink that next beer to get started again (start a new season). Hopefully that makes sense to somebody...

What did that mean?????????.......
wait....................Oh I get it now,
I chugged a couple beers and you are absolutely correct.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I can't wait! Driving from St Louis and it's worth every dollar and mile. This team is going to prove some people wrong this year...

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I gradually allow the anticipation to build until at about a half hour before kick-off I'm at the level of "pre-game jitters". After a few minutes of the game I'm usually getting pretty well calmed down and into the jumping up and down and cheering and high-fiving and just plumb enjoying the game.

The anticipation process will start to increase around 8 AM tomorrow. It slowly (hopefully) builds until at about three hours before kickoff I am at a point where I begin the physical relaxation exercises. I jump up and down and shake my hands and arms and take deep slow breaths just to keep the anticipation from increasing too rapidly. I keep my level of caffeine and sugar intake down so as to not get over-hyped. I never drink alcohol before a game as that would interfere with the whole anticipation-building process.

If I've managed the anticipation process and the participation as a fan well, then by the fourth quarter I'll be so wrung out that I will feel as though I've actually played the game. After the game I will have a deep calm physical, emotional and mental feeling in that I did my best and laid it all out in the stands. Maybe then I'll get a cold beer and slowly drink it, enjoying every last drop and feeling very satisfied with our win.

Basically it's been the same procedure for every Cyclone game for the last forty years (except for the no alcohol before the game bit, I added that to the procedure as I got older) and every game is total excitement and anticipation for a good game and hopefully a win. Go Cyclones!

Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron