Purdy/Dekkers Tarkenton/Kramer

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
Dag nabbit ... I love my Purdy ... but am damn excited to see Dekkers get a shot too! He really passes the eye test with me. He looks very poised and has some growing to do as he’s a frosh. As if 6’3 240 isn’t enough ;)

kinda reminds me of the old Viking combo of Tark / Tommy Kramer

Reactions: Aclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Dag nabbit ... I love my Purdy ... but am damn excited to see Dekkers get a shot too! He really passes the eye test with me. He looks very poised and has some growing to do as he’s a frosh. As if 6’3 240 isn’t enough ;)

When they come out with the preseason heisman favorites for 2021, Iowa State will have possibly TWO PEOPLE on that list: Brock Purdy, and Breece Hall

That is a statement I actually cannot believe, and indicative of where this program is.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
When they come out with the preseason heisman favorites for 2021, Iowa State will have possibly TWO PEOPLE on that list: Brock Purdy, and Breece Hall

That is a statement I actually cannot believe, and indicative of where this program is.

As fun as this is and amazing as the Seniors played (including dominant performance from seniors in the past two wins)...when you look up and down the roster it's the Junior class that may be the highest impact players overall. Even though Breece is a sophomore it may be time to start thinking of him like next year's seniors.

Reactions: cyfan92

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
As fun as this is and amazing as the Seniors played (including dominant performance from seniors in the past two wins)...when you look up and down the roster it's the Junior class that may be the highest impact players overall. Even though Breece is a sophomore it may be time to start thinking of him like next year's seniors.

Do you think there has been any consideration of using Deckers as a Lanning type in goal to go and short yardage situations? He is big dude. Though we have been good in those situations without it.

GO CYCLONES!!!

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO

Definitely has room to grow, but also has some baby fat to shed.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Tom B and Jimmy G.

Seriously though, is this some kind of record for ISU for number of blowout games where they were able to play the backup guy?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Tom B and Jimmy G.

Seriously though, is this some kind of record for ISU for number of blowout games where they were able to play the backup guy?
Hell, before Campbell arrived if we saw a backup QB in the game that would mean that the starter was getting benched. A freshman would come in and dominate their 1st game and then a couple years later they would get benched.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
Anyone else remember back to when we hadn't had the same starting QB for the whole season like 10 years in a row? I never thought we'd have the kind of stability Brock has given that position. So nice that the backup QB is no longer the most popular guy on the team.

Dekkers certainly looks to have all the physical tools, hasn't really been asked to make any decisions yet. It's been great that he's gotten some experience without being in over his head, by the time it's his team he should be in a great position to take the reins.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Dag nabbit ... I love my Purdy ... but am damn excited to see Dekkers get a shot too!

Are you drunk Vikings fan? ;) The Cyclones might give the Vikes a run for their money this year. o_O

• Funny

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
As a kid, my first venture on my own as a football fan was to be a Vikings fan because I loved watching Fran Tarkenton scramble and make the plan. I see a lot of similarities with Brock Purdy.

And while we are at it, there are some similarities of Matt Blair and Mike Rose. Blair may have been a harder hitter, but both guys are so consistent, smart, and make plays all over the field, especially at crucial moments.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Him running out of bounds up 36 with a minute left is WHY I love we’re able to put him in this situation, because he’s probably never been in a situation where that could cost his team the game. Great learning moment, appears to be a great football player.

• Agree