Quad 1 wins

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Currently as of 1/13/22, there are only 8 teams with 4 or more Quad 1 wins. ISU is one of them.

There is only 1 team with more than 4 - Wisconsin.

Let's just get through this tough stretch of the schedule - still in great shape here. Getting UT would obviously be UUUUGGGE

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Currently as of 1/13/22, there are only 8 teams with 4 or more Quad 1 wins. ISU is one of them.

There is only 1 team with more than 4 - Wisconsin.

Let's just get through this tough stretch of the schedule - still in great shape here. Getting UT would obviously be UUUUGGGE

Call me crazy but I think we win out at home.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Call me crazy but I think we win out at home.
i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Certainly possible. Sellout on Saturday. Being back in Hilton with a full load of fans to give the guys some extra juice will be awesome.

Hilton will be wild on Saturday and when KU comes to town on the 1st it will be an absolute hornets nest. I like our chances,

Reactions: NWICY

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Completely agree, but I bet we drop at least 1 more. 7-2 is what I'd hoped for before league play began and that means we only need 1 road game to lock up a tourney bid.

I'm quite certain that we'll get one or two on the road. So far, we've looked great for every road and neutral game except for the last ten minutes at OU.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm quite certain that we'll get one or two on the road. So far, we've looked great for every road and neutral game except for the last ten minutes at OU.

@k-STate, TCU, and Okie st are all very winnable games. The next two would be @texas and @WV. Texas just doesn't have a home court advantage.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
@k-STate, TCU, and Okie st are all very winnable games. The next two would be @texas and @WV. Texas just doesn't have a home court advantage.

I think @TT is winnable too. They're tough, as we just saw, but their roster and philosophy can make for a close game, and then it just comes down to making the plays at the end.

Reactions: Farnsworth

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

So am I. We haven't been out of any game this year, and outside of the last 10 minutes @ OU there hasn't been a lapse of effort. That's incredible especially with how thin our roster truly is compared to where we thought it would be in August. Imagine finding out then that we'd be 13-2 and ranked #15 going into AFH, with Robert Jones scoring 7 points and playing over 20 minutes, and we'd have the lead with 15 seconds to go. Those things don't go together without incredible coaching and effort from every guy on the roster.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Completely agree, but I bet we drop at least 1 more. 7-2 is what I'd hoped for before league play began and that means we only need 1 road game to lock up a tourney bid.

I would be happy if we finish 7-2 at home at Hilton and sneak out a road win in the conference. I'd be ECSTATIC if we finish 8 - 1 at home and sneak out 3 road wins. If we finished 11-7 in conference and undefeated in the non-con, depending on who those wins are against, you'd have to say we'd be looking at about a 3 or 4 seed in the Tourney (heck, maybe even a 2 depending on the wins and other teams). That's how tough the Big XII is. Finish 8-10 in conference, and undefeated in the non-con, and I'd have to say about a 7 or 8 seed. Big XII is brutal. Thus, I think we could get in at 7-11 in the conference season as well. It's that kind of year for the Big XII, particularly if it wraps up the SEC - Big XII challenge games with a 7 -3 type record. It will clearly be the best conference by far and away at that point.

Fun to think about the Tourney again at this time of year!!

Reactions: NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron