R Mason Thomas Commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
We flipped Trevon Howard from Northwestern, Tommy Hamann from SDSU, and Terrell Crosby from Toledo, just in this 2022 class.

Lost Avery Henry to tOSU, Xavier Townsend to UCF, and Noble Thomas Jr. to Oregon St.
I think we stand in a competitive spot to keep R Mason Thomas and potentially shift Moten to us.

Why? The OU of the next 3 years is not Lincoln Riley's OU, it is a complete question mark in my opinion. Venables was a great coordinator but great coordinators don't always make strong head coaches. Just ask Gene Chizik.

Last the chance to land Moten.... not a huge deal since we already have Dominque Orange in the committed fold who is a 4 star and a hell of a recruit.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
We flipped Trevon Howard from Northwestern, Tommy Hamann from SDSU, and Terrell Crosby from Toledo, just in this 2022 class.

Lost Avery Henry to tOSU, Xavier Townsend to UCF, and Noble Thomas Jr. to Oregon St.
Life in recruiting. As annoying as it was to lose Townsend and Henry, its sure nice to flip a guy like Howard.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
I think we stand in a competitive spot to keep R Mason Thomas and potentially shift Moten to us.

Why? The OU of the next 3 years is not Lincoln Riley's OU, it is a complete question mark in my opinion. Venables was a great coordinator but great coordinators don't always make strong head coaches. Just ask Gene Chizik.

Last the chance to land Moten.... not a huge deal since we already have Dominque Orange in the committed fold who is a 4 star and a hell of a recruit.
OU might also get another d end commitment, not sure if that’s appealing to Thomas, but I doubt it.

Reactions: cyputz

Apr 19, 2006
Has our ship sailed on Thomas and it will be down to OU or Miami?
It is was it is at this point. We will be fine with or without him. Probably better with him, but nobody knows at this point and who knows who else might offer by the time signing day comes around.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
He keeps saying he's still a Cyclone. I don't know, but I want to believe him.

Exactly, until he says different he is coming. No reason to wring hands over this. He will be a huge get. Also isn’t his teammate a big time tackle that is considering us? Or did he commit somewhere else?

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
ISU will keep battling for Thomas and Moten until they tell us no.

My money would be on Miami.
Miami will have a ton of NIL cash flow. That in part is how they landed Mario Cristobal. Which I still think is wild considering Oregon is a much better program in my opinion. I guess he played there so that helped them too.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Miami will have a ton of NIL cash flow. That in part is how they landed Mario Cristobal. Which I still think is wild considering Oregon is a much better program in my opinion. I guess he played there so that helped them too.
How did NIL money get to Cristobal?
Miami is a rich, private school. Cristobal was born, grew up, played, coached in Miami. That probably has a lot more influence over Oregon.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
How did NIL money get to Cristobal?
Miami is a rich, private school. Cristobal was born, grew up, played, coached in Miami. That probably has a lot more influence over Oregon.

I have not double checked this article, but it appears covid money is paying for the U's renewed interest in sports.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I have not double checked this article, but it appears covid money is paying for the U's renewed interest in sports.

it is. The hospitals made a bunch during covid and are using it to increase the funding for football.

• Disagree
  • Winner
Reactions: 83cy and Daserop
Status
Not open for further replies.