Rag at it again

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Yeah they conveniently left out the whole "it's night and day difference to where we were last year to this year," comment and so forth.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I think we will be a lot better than last year, but far from where we want to be. (recruiting a couple more classes will get us there though.)

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I've never read an entire article that was out of context before. Well, you see something new every day. BTW, the first line of the article.
Who are we?" Chizik asked himself Wednesday, during the Big 12 Conference meetings. "When you're good one week and not the next ... it's confidence, attention to detail, a lack of focus.
Wasn't he talking about last years team. The didn't even finish his thought on the matter. That literally makes us sound like this is what we can expect from this years team. Remember that part in Billy Madison, when the teacher says, "we are all dumber now for having heard that" or something to that effect. Well, that's how I feel about the Register anymore. I don't know why I click these links.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Try listening to Omaha sports radio. They think ISU as a JV class A high school team. Everybody over here is chalking it up as an automatic win for Nebraska.

I can't remember which radio show I was listening to but he was guaranteeing Nebraska comes in 2nd in the Big XII North yesterday.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Felt the same way about the article. He makes it seem like it was nothing but doom and gloom down in KC. :sad:

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The Rag's coverage has been awful for as far back as I could remember. The nice thing about when I lived in Cleveland and Minnesota is I didn't have to read their one sided coverage all the time.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
its okay. let them remember this when we go 5-7 or 6-6. let them remember that we were having growing pains this year and still win half our games. then let them worry what will happen when the pains subside.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Try listening to Omaha sports radio. They think ISU as a JV class A high school team. Everybody over here is chalking it up as an automatic win for Nebraska.

I can't remember which radio show I was listening to but he was guaranteeing Nebraska comes in 2nd in the Big XII North yesterday.

I don't really have a problem with that. It's Nebraska, they are allowed to be homers really. The problem I have is that in-state, one University is treated quite differently than another from the media.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Seriously, considering the absolute Hawk bias/crap that comes out of both the DMRag and the CR Gazette, you might as well merge them into one paper and title it the Ragette...

Reactions: CyGuy33

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well considering it came straight from Chizik's mouth I think the title is fair game...

Chizik also talked about an overhaul on special teams and replacing two interior linemen on defense.

"We will have more growing pains," he said.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He also said about 100 other positive things, but the Rag chooses to put that.

Just be glad ISU hasn't been on the front page for nearly a week now with headlines about a mishandled sexual assualt investigation. Wow, some of you people are really something, it can't all be 100% praising ISU and 100% negative for Iowa in the media. I honestly see nothing wrong with that headline and anyone here that doesn't think we'll have some more growing pains before we improve needs to lay off the Cyclone kool-aid.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Just be glad ISU hasn't been on the front page for nearly a week now with headlines about a mishandled sexual assualt investigation. Wow, some of you people are really something, it can't all be 100% praising ISU and 100% negative for Iowa in the media. I honestly see nothing wrong with that headline and anyone here that doesn't think we'll have some more growing pains before we improve needs to lay off the Cyclone kool-aid.

No offense, but your opinion on the Rag means literally nothing being that you blog there.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No offense, but your opinion on the Rag means literally nothing being that you blog there.

Ok, once again let me lay this out to you all that think I defend the Rag because of my blog on DMJuice...

1. I do not get paid by them to blog, it is completely voluntary
2. I do not represent the Rag, what I write about is purely my opinions and is not edited for content by the Rag.
3. I am not in any way obligated to defend the Rag and have on many ocassions here questioned and criticized them.

That being said, enough with this BS that I "represent" them because I don't and I have no vested interests that would give me reason to have a biased opinion of their work. It's just a form of media that I use to post my opinions and do my part in helping promote the Cyclones.

Reactions: ketelmeister