Raising Canes Sucks

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Last two times we got bone in chicken at popeyes it was so damn small.
Depends on the store sometimes. I think their wings and strips are the best things but their bone in has always been solid for me. It's not fatty like KFC where you can get a whole mouthful of grease plus it's actually crispy.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I know Cane's gets a lot of **** in this thread, but can we shine some light on how ****** and overpriced Popeyes is?
Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich combo is only $10.69 and far superior to Canes boring chicken strips and their cajun fries with blackened ranch dip is also far superior to Canes boring fries. Canes sucks!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No, they serve drive thru priority over walk ins. It's not really faster and if it is it's only slightly.

I'm sure some places. When I'm on a road trip I'll laugh at loud at how long drive through lines get in suburban sprawl communities. I'm positive I've saved at least a half hour a couple times at this CFA in Utah where there were 50+ cars in line and nobody in line inside. I don't go to In and Out that often but you can definitely cut your wait time by 90% if you go inside. The line creates legit traffic problems for blocks yet there's almost no wait inside.

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm sure some places. When I'm on a road trip I'll laugh at loud at how long drive through lines get in suburban sprawl communities. I'm positive I've saved at least a half hour a couple times at this CFA in Utah where there were 50+ cars in line and nobody in line inside. I don't go to In and Out that often but you can definitely cut your wait time by 90% if you go inside. The line creates legit traffic problems for blocks yet there's almost no wait inside.
Ya in Iowa you very rarely see more than 10-15 cars in line at a drive thru. I was responding more to McDonald's as I always make note of where I would have been in drive thru lines and as I'm leaving it normally doesn't save me much time and sometimes it's faster to not go in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Ya in Iowa you very rarely see more than 10-15 cars in line at a drive thru. I was responding more to McDonald's as I always make note of where I would have been in drive thru lines and as I'm leaving it normally doesn't save me much time and sometimes it's faster to not go in.

It seems like a thing that happens in fast growing suburbs more than anywhere else. In the city there's a lot of foot traffic and places without ridiculous growth don't have dozens of cars in line. Just always surprises me that sometimes there is no line at all inside. I get it with freezing temps, but on nice days?

When the first Canes opened in my area they had drive-in lines for maybe 6 blocks but only 5-10 people waiting in line inside. They opened more locations shortly after so now it's more normal. It was kind of pathetic, they had security guards or police making sure the 6 block line didn't block intersections and other businesses, my favorite chinese food place lost a lot of business for a while. Maybe it's why i was so massively disappointed, people waiting for 6 blocks of a line for bland unseasoned chicken with one sauce that I don't like.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Would you go to an alternate mcDs that only had burgers and fries, no massive marketing campaigns, but it was about $3-4 cheaper per person? I think they could be flirting with losing their dominance.

If you look at the massive portion, Canes is like half the cost of McDs and I'm sure that's part of their formula of having devoted fans the same as In and Out.
I do this all the time. Its called B-Bops. Why anyone would choose McDs when there is a BBops, next door, is beyond me.

Not to mention all the other places usually in the same area.