Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Are the days longer?
Less than an hour according to that article:
"Current start time is 8:15am but that will change to 8:00am. The end of the school day will extend an additional thirty minutes, ending at 3:45pm. Compared to the school day two years ago at Murray, it’s just 15 minutes more than they were doing then.

Under state law, Iowa school districts are required to provide either 180 days or 1,080 hours of instruction to students. This new schedule will put student hours at 1109.25."

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Are we sure today isn't Monday? Doing a couple big pinn oaks today, just two of us, had to quit early because my boss's son is still getting used to doing bucket work and it was getting windy. We clean up what we have, idle the chipper down, hear a funny noise coming from the engine. Open it up and see the alternator is just laying loose on the engine. Great.

Then, as we are about to leave, he is walking towards the bucket truck, and it shuts off. There's plenty of fuel so it wasn't that. Figured it had to be the batteries. Jump it with the other truck, get a few miles down the road, it loses power, so pull over, jump it again. Had to do this 2 more times on the way back. Of course, we're 15 miles away from home. Has to be the alternator on that too that went out.

Luckily he wasn't up in the bucket when the truck died.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Welp. I had Bama beating Houston for the championship.

My bracket isn't busted...it has been shredded, then burned, then the ashes were drowned in Saylorville...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sophomore and junior year my roommate was Sarah. And our last names started with the same letter. A couple of times when our dorm room phone rang, Sarah would answer with "Hello, is Sara(h) there?"

At one time we had several stay-in-school HS/college gals as part time help. Three Hmong gals named Bee, See and Mee. It always made me chuckle inside when I heard the one answer the phone "Hello, this is Mee." Before cell phones were universal so she would have only been used to answering the phone at home as a HS kid.

Reactions: SaraV

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Welp. I had Bama beating Houston for the championship.

My bracket isn't busted...it has been shredded, then burned, then the ashes were drowned in Saylorville...
You have to admit getting Bama out of there has to be worth it. I still can't believe - well actually I can - that they couldn't see how they should pull that guy off the squad even if it did screw up their championship run.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Came across this photo. 1919 Seattle lumber mill. Woof.
View attachment 111314
Okay, let's be conservative and say the pictured dude is only 5' tall. The stack is about 9 dudes tall so that would be 45' and it is clearly not on the ground so at least another 20' to the ground. And they expected guys to climb up those boards sticking out the side with a very real risk of falling over 60' with a wrong step. That is why we needed OSHA.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Under the topic of irony. A St. Paul man stabs his wife to death at Bible study. To be fair he had earlier arrests for domestic assault with a previous SO, and before that had been arrested for taking a hammer to a roommate. So I'm guessing he wasn't the citizen of the yr.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Under the topic of irony. A St. Paul man stabs his wife to death at Bible study. To be fair he had earlier arrests for domestic assault with a previous SO, and before that had been arrested for taking a hammer to a roommate. So I'm guessing he wasn't the citizen of the yr.
She probably thought she could straighten him out with Bible study...

• Optimistic
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So, if Uconn wins, and Texas does not win the championship, Lew takes our poll. However, if Uconn wins and Texas goes all the way our youngest granddaughter (who just turned 10) will win our family pool. I love it. But I seriously HATE having to root for Texas. :D

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
So, if Uconn wins, and Texas does not win the championship, Lew takes our poll. However, if Uconn wins and Texas goes all the way our youngest granddaughter (who just turned 10) will win our family pool. I love it. But I seriously HATE having to root for Texas. :D
Okay, I had to read that twice. I was wondering what poll Lew was taking, until I read pool later. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thor: Ragnarok. I do love that movie.

tumblr_p5ndxsEQXF1sc0ffqo5_400.gif

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2