Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
McDonald's taking advertising to a different sense in two cities in the Netherlands.
When I go on runs, I intentionally go by a McDonalds that's about a mile and a half into my run. I'm not a natural runner and often need motivation to keep going. The smell lets me know that I'm having to run because I've stopped there too many times.

I'm training my mind to hate the cause of having to run!

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Only @wxman1 will care but we had graupel this morning in the Twins.

Bit of a bite in the air to. 36 degrees and wind gusts to 37 mph. Sort of putting a big damper on trying to go bird photo walkabout. Not like little owlets will be out sunning themselves.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Attempted to go get TSA PreCheck since I will be traveling more for work. Turns out the passport I took was my old expired one and now I can't find my current one. At least I found $50 while searching.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Attempted to go get TSA PreCheck since I will be traveling more for work. Turns out the passport I took was my old expired one and now I can't find my current one. At least I found $50 while searching.
At DSM, the TSA pre-check line is frequently longer than the non TSA pre-check line. So many locals got fed up with the slow slog through TSA that it seems like all of us have applied for and received pre-check!

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, a former local cop from the area apparently likes to traumatize his girlfriends by holding a taser inches from their face. Also like to choke and get physical with them. Was fired for being mentally unstable.

Now several of his old girlfriends are coming out and saying he did the same thing. Probably good he’s an ex-cop.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well, a former local cop from the area apparently likes to traumatize his girlfriends by holding a taser inches from their face. Also like to choke and get physical with them. Was fired for being mentally unstable.

Now several of his old girlfriends are coming out and saying he did the same thing. Probably good he’s an ex-cop.

Don't worry he'll move a 100 miles and get recycled back into the system:(.
Hope he gets help before he hurts more women/people.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So anyone else at Cy's House of Trivia tomorrow night? A friend of mine is shaking his team up this yr and I got the invite to be on instead of a last minute sub, which I had done for them a couple of times. Hope he doesn't fire me if I have a bad night.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So anyone else at Cy's House of Trivia tomorrow night? A friend of mine is shaking his team up this yr and I got the invite to be on instead of a last minute sub, which I had done for them a couple of times. Hope he doesn't fire me if I have a bad night.
Good for you!
Not this year for us. No one was looking for subs. :(

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Good for you!
Not this year for us. No one was looking for subs. :(

Thanks, he's a long time friend we ran in HS together and have stayed in touch through the years. I've had fun every other time so I'm guessing it'll be a good time tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing you guys in June(?) For Niang trivia.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone