BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd like to get the lawn mowed

Mowed once needs it again maybe Sunday?
My mowers are mad at me. Chunked through the grass yesterday. I tried to mow around something and ended up with one wheel in the field and it sank like quicksand. Think the deck held the mower up. I had to go get a log chain and pulled the mower out with the pickup.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Heard what I thought was a jet engine the other afternoon. Turns out the neighbor behind us turned up the governor on his LawnBoy. Just waiting for it to grenade. Don’t think I’ve ever heard a stock small engine turn that many RPMs before.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Heard what I thought was a jet engine the other afternoon. Turns out the neighbor behind us turned up the governor on his LawnBoy. Just waiting for it to grenade. Don’t think I’ve ever heard a stock small engine turn that many RPMs before.
If he has old gas leftover in carb and it’s a little stuck, if he throws in fresh gas without cleaning it, it can make engines run red line level.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Welp, got a reason to purchase an ISU tailgating tent now. Soccer tournament being held this weekend, windier than all get out, and the tent we had staked into the ground blew over. Part of the frame is broken to where it would need to be welded. It's given us at least 6 good years.

While trying to get the frame undone while on its "roof" something fell and caught me right on the cheek. Luckily missed the glasses, but dang it smarts. (Please forgive the unruly hair)

20240504_161612.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Welp, got a reason to purchase an ISU tailgating tent now. Soccer tournament being held this weekend, windier than all get out, and the tent we had staked into the ground blew over. Part of the frame is broken to where it would need to be welded. It's given us at least 6 good years.

While trying to get the frame undone while on its "roof" something fell and caught me right on the cheek. Luckily missed the glasses, but dang it smarts. (Please forgive the unruly hair)

View attachment 128729
Better than a tattoo that doesn’t go away even after it stops hurting. Tailgate tents are always good.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV and NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wordle in 2! Started with a word I just heard on NBC’s The Wall program, which I think is totally rigged and haven’t watched even one entire episode. Ran out of things to do this Saturday night, I guess.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wordle in 2! Started with a word I just heard on NBC’s The Wall program, which I think is totally rigged and haven’t watched even one entire episode. Ran out of things to do this Saturday night, I guess.
Got a small griddle for tailgating this fall.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Domino wings while small are pretty good, got mine with no sauce and honey bbq on the side for dipping.