Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My little econobox of a car really shined on the last tank, it was mainly 2 lane open road fairly flat driving along with some interstate that I kept at 75, ended up with 47mpg on the tank actual doing hand math not just the trip computer. Best I've ever done with it.
And once again I have rain. Sigh

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I need at least two more days of sunshine before things are fit. Didn't get stuck with the side by side picking rocks but there were definitely many tacky places and some places I just stayed away from.
I started mudding. One spot today I thought I was going to bury it, I may have been rear axle deep but the front end literally pulled me out. Thanks to having new tires on everything.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I started mudding. One spot today I thought I was going to bury it, I may have been rear axle deep but the front end literally pulled me out. Thanks to having new tires on everything.
I went never got stuck, 5-10% skip, 40-50%good the rest fair to marginal.
The next field is wetter so I pulled out now it's raining. So it wasn't a all wrong decision.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I swear, if my cube neighbor gets anyone sick on our team when we have this huge deadline looming....I will NOT be happy. (And we have shortwall cubes)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I swear, if my cube neighbor gets anyone sick on our team when we have this huge deadline looming....I will NOT be happy. (And we have shortwall cubes)
Lucky for you a long holiday weekend is looming for you to have this sickness.

But seriously isn't that the worst? People sick a week/week and a half before a holiday. They then spread it and get to enjoy their time while you are sick and miss everything.
For me this theory always happens just before Christmas where people are too afraid to stay home from the neighborhood/company/friends/family parties. Then my Dec 26th thru Jan 2nd is full of sickness.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Should I feel bad Im headed to drink/golf this afternoon why the wife and kid have to move 3 tons of rock for landscaping? If they get 1 ton moved I will be impressed.
Nope. Just think back to the times that you've been doing difficult work while your wife was on her phone or talking to neighbors (probably about more ways to spend money).

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
*laughs maniacally*

AHHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Implementation of the new software is on Memorial Day. But all the OT I want until the 27th.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We had our last high school awards ceremony earlier this week. It's amazing what my kids have accomplished in spite of who their father is. This one has a class rank of #1. I don't mean to be braggy but that is pretty good. She received a community scholarship from a local restaurant. Unfortunately for me, the scholarship did not include any free meals. When she met the restaurant's general manager, the only things my daughter could think to say were "Thank you" and "I like your tattoos".

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
We had our last high school awards ceremony earlier this week. It's amazing what my kids have accomplished in spite of who their father is. This one has a class rank of #1. I don't mean to be braggy but that is pretty good. She received a community scholarship from a local restaurant. Unfortunately for me, the scholarship did not include any free meals. When she met the restaurant's general manager, the only things my daughter could think to say were "Thank you" and "I like your tattoos".
Did her father attend as well?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I attended the awards ceremony but I did not meet the general manager. If I had, she probably would have lost the scholarship. She's quite a bit more impressive to talk to than her dad.
Did she pick a school?