Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
She has changed her mind about going that far north? Or am I confusing her with someone else's wife?

You have the right lady. I brought up Duluth again and was shot down so apparently that is too far north but MSP is not.

Get out of Hawk country, man, move north!

Uppers:
You can get a floatplane. Lakes, man, lots o'lakes.
You can bike with old man Boxster (and sometimes even NWICY).
You can road trip down I-35 for games, no big deal.
You can gamewatch with the famous ISUAA Twin Cities Club. We need more cute kids.
You can take Little Wxman to the boundary waters canoeing.
You can hire out Little Wxman to help old man Boxster shovel in a few years.
You can find a million hospitals and clinics for Mrs. Wxman to work in.
You got super fab parks just about everywhere in the greater metro area.
You are still only 282 miles from Oshkosh.
You got your low number of Hawks. Probably less than 0.3% of metro population.
You got lots of theater and music options for date night.
You got lots of weather, you like weather!

Downers:
You'll find housing is kinda tight right now.
No close by grandparental units and Boxster ain't no good at that stuff.
Traffic sucks, don't do a long commute, live close to work.
Cyrocks moved. It isn't quite the same without him here.

The housing market was a bit of a shocker. Doesn't help that the location would be in the Eden Prarie area as it is at Flying Cloud.

As I said though the Glassdoor reviews cut that place out of the running.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
**** this windy ass state ".....east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph."

Each year about the time my crabapple peak blooms it's so windy the petals are just ripped from the branches and end up on the ground. Every damn year.

Fought the rush hour traffic to go over to the Minnesota River valley to go walkabout yesterday because, even though it was 100% overcast, the wind that had been gusting to 20 mph calmed down for a few hours.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
**** this windy ass state ".....east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph."

Each year about the time my crabapple peak blooms it's so windy the petals are just ripped from the branches and end up on the ground. Every damn year.

Fought the rush hour traffic to go over to the Minnesota River valley to go walkabout yesterday because, even though it was 100% overcast, the wind that had been gusting to 20 mph calmed down for a few hours.
You might want to add that to the Minnesota list of downers.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

They are saying it could be 40 with gusts of 50 this evening. 11 year old soccer game could be an adventure tonight. As a coach how do you prepare them for playing in that kind of wind? I can just see the 13 year old ref repeatedly whistling players for not making sure the ball is stationary before a free, goal or corner kick because the ball keeps getting blown around.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You have the right lady. I brought up Duluth again and was shot down so apparently that is too far north but MSP is not.

This is correct. Duluth is TOO far north.

The housing market was a bit of a shocker. Doesn't help that the location would be in the Eden Prairie area as it is at Flying Cloud.

The EP's pretty nice for housing and schools but a little too socially and politically conservative for my tastes. They brand everyone that lives in Mpls or inside the beltway as an America hating commie. Pretty sick of that crap. And they think they are Edina but lack the actual pedigree.

As I said though the Glassdoor reviews cut that place out of the running.

Your reference made me look up the Corps of Engineers, 3.7. Some total idiot comments that were nothing more than anti-government rants that didn't seem real to me. I am a little skeptical of anonymous and essentially unverified commenters. So much trolling and fake reviews out there, particularly on shopping sites. Probably less of that with a small company.

Reactions: wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm surprised that so many people get so wound, I hope for most it is faux internet outrage. It's a TV show people.
tenor.gif

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.