Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Dude… I’ve seen them a couple times and the show on the last tour was maybe the best concert I’ve ever seen. There were grown ass men weeping.
I had a buddy back in college try to tell me Blink was our generation's Beatles, I didnt buy it at the time, but he's looking more correct everyday. Hopefully I'll see them live someday, definitely a bucket list band.

So anyway..... this re-alignment stuff is wild right!?!?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Makes sense.

Washington: We don’t want to join the B1G, travel would be too expensive. Let’s merge with the ACC instead!

Wouldn’t a merger open up the ACC GOR? Why would FSU/Clemson stick around if that were the case? Where’s the TV money coming from?

FSU and Clemson would head to the SEC wouldn't they?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I think best case scenario - Arizona comes here, PAC 8 and ACC merge, ACC schools that want to leave can.

Why would ACC do that? Because it's either die in 12 years when the GOR expires, or keep breathing with less fire power.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think best case scenario - Arizona comes here, PAC 8 and ACC merge, ACC schools that want to leave can.

Why would ACC do that? Because it's either die in 12 years when the GOR expires, or keep breathing with less fire power.
I think if they merge it'd open up the GOR wouldn't it? The only schools that would go for that are a few who'd get left behind. Lots of those schools are going to absorbed by the P3

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I’m disappointed in Thamel and Dellenger (and McMurphy too) for taking the bait on those leaks.

The other Yahoos I’m not surprised, but those 3 are good journalists
I would say that the PAC 12 just burned some media bridges, but I guess they aren't going to need them where they're going.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Check my phone after waking up and ESPN notification I see is that apparently false rumor on Oregon staying. That woke me up right quick!

Help Support Us

Become a patron