Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Throwing **** at a wall to try and save face for having no ******* clue what's going on. Listening to a single source on each thing with no validation just to try and be in the moment relevant.
I don’t understand this mentality. So what - people get told stuff and they tell other people. It’s obvious NO ONE “knows” how this shakes out because literally things ARE changing by the hour. So no, when we get to the finish line, there should not be a source that is/was ‘correct’ every step of the way. Why would you expect there to be?

Reactions: MJ271

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
ESPN owns both conferences rights.

Is ESPN going to agree to pay them 3 times as much as they have them contractually obligated for the next 13 years?

While a game like FSU/Bama is worth more, is a game like FSU/Arkansas worth more than FSU/Syracuse?

SEC came out yesterday and said they were not interested in expansion. While that could just be what they are saying publicly, it also could be that ESPN is not willing to pay the high rate in the SEC for more teams.
This is the key.

ESPN isn’t going to shell out extra money for any ACC teams going to the SEC. They already have their TV rights, why pay extra for what they already have?

So if FSU/Clemson want out of the ACC, they’d have to go somewhere to get TV money from FOX/CBS, like the B1G. Which means paying the ACC a metric crap ton of cash to get out of the GOR. Which I really don’t see happening.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Let’s just fold the rest of the pac12 into the big 12 after ou and wash sign their big ten deals and work on a streaming deal with Apple to comp Arizona state and Utah. They get no cut of the money aside from whatever apple pays.

Wrong answers only please and thanks.

Reactions: BigTurk

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
All this **** is posturing.
UOUW are working the b1g for best they can get. They are doing all their negotiating in public.

AZ staying for less money, less exposure, worse bball... there is zero upside. It would beggar belief.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
This has been going on since they added USCLA.... Rushed?

More like they cant make up their mind, they have vetted ORWA etc a year ago and said, no, then maybe, then no, then yes, but at a lower rate, then maybe.

Rushed I dont think so. If they didnt see this day coming then they are clueless too.
they dont want to pay for ORWA, but they really dont want the big 12 to get them. thats why they keep inserting themselves back in and flirting.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

More like they cant make up their mind, they have vetted ORWA etc a year ago and said, no, then maybe, then no, then yes, but at a lower rate, then maybe.

Rushed I dont think so. If they didnt see this day coming then they are clueless too.

Unless the Big ten really did not start seriously considering adding Oregon and Washington until thia week.

Until a few days ago all the word out of the Big ten was that they were content to stay at 16 right now, which is why talk of them to the big 12 gained a couple days of momentum

Reactions: 2speedy1

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
This is way old, right?
8:40 am might as well be 2015 the way things are going.

Also, this is rich … B1G knifes PAC in the back by stealing USC/UCLA, now a year later complain about the resulting cascading realignment being “rushed.” EABOD, B1G, you started this particular round.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Negotiation process. Washington wants the partial payment to rise to accommodate increased travel.

Reactions: CascadeClone

clone37

Oct 9, 2010
man think of the money/views they could have if they were streaming these meetings. The PAC could have more viewership then they ever have.
Yes! PAC should have put these on TV, and required folks to sign an Apple TV GOR as their exclusive TV provider for the next 5 years.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I can't imagine Arizona actually gives two ***** about UW and Oregon. A lot of this started (or at least kept going) when they were pursuing the big10. Its only now that they are not getting full shares that they are second guessing the offer coming. I think all three schools go, and as much as I love Tempe, I hope UU and ASU are left behind.

Honestly it’s beginning to sound a lot like the only part of ASU that doesn’t want to be in the Big 12 is the president that will become Stanford’s president in a few weeks.

Truthfully, I’d hate to screw ASU over and I’d DEFINITELY hate to screw AZ over because they’re victims of a conflict of interest.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
OTC45504-2__46199.1611172472.386.513.jpg