Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Netflix is now getting into live sports with Xmas Day NFL games.

As long as CFB is tied to ESPN/Fox running the sport as they see fit (with more unnecessary and destructive relegation looming for ACC schools), millions of $$$$ are being bypassed by not engaging the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Apple like the NFL and NBA do to their financial benefit.

Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

How silly is this?

It is silly, but the ACC has done this several times already. I want to say North Carolina did it with another ACC school a year or two ago.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

How silly is this?
Makes perfect sense and is a good thing, both schools want to keep playing one another every year, and with the ever-expanding conferences that is difficult to do. One would have to think that the game is very cheap for the visiting team compared to a regular away game and going to be a premium ticket priced game that is going to sell out. Much like ISU/EIU.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
This exact scenario was presented recently to keep the Farmaggedon streak. Yes I agree it’s silly and dumb.
Small price to pay to keep the streak going. Hell, trade out the EIU game that year for all I care.

That would never happen, but ending the farmageddon streak is a travesty. Publicly defending the conference's tone deaf decision to end it was JP's biggest unforced error in my eyes.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Small price to pay to keep the streak going. Hell, trade out the EIU game that year for all I care.

That would never happen, but ending the farmageddon streak is a travesty. Publicly defending the conference's tone deaf decision to end it was JP's biggest unforced error in my eyes.
Travesty seems a little strong

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Netflix is now getting into live sports with Xmas Day NFL games.

As long as CFB is tied to ESPN/Fox running the sport as they see fit (with more unnecessary and destructive relegation looming for ACC schools), millions of $$$$ are being bypassed by not engaging the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Apple like the NFL and NBA do to their financial benefit.

I fully expect ESPN/Fox to outsource games to these entities as either resources demand or profitability increases. We'll see.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It is silly, but the ACC has done this several times already. I want to say North Carolina did it with another ACC school a year or two ago.
Yep this is nothing new in the ACC. UNC has done it a few times, at least once against Wake Forest. With the ACC only having 8 conference games historically, it makes more sense than it would in Big12 which has 9 conference games.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

How silly is this?

In an alternate universe I would want to see Iowa and ISU join the same conference with a protected rivalry, then keep a second Cy Hawk game. I'd just want to see both fans go absolutely nuts. (not that I actually want it to happen)

If they're having trouble getting sellouts this is one way I guess. Reminds me of mid 90s low point when ISU was relying on UNI, Nebraska and Iowa to get fans in the seats.

• Puke
Reactions: CascadeClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Every MWC game and vs each other is CW.

Fox is Big 12 and Big Ten matchup.

It sucks. They are living our exact doomsday scenario from many years ago. This is basically what Larry Scott tried to do to ISU/KSU/Baylor (maybe KU) unless the Big Ten and/or SEC miraculously saved them.

I will say I think there are certain indicators that if it had to be someone these schools (and Cal and Stanford) really are more relegation worthy than any original Big 12 schools. I posted yesterday they both only averaged around 3500 attendence for basketball, hard to believe. Having travelled the west coast a lot the past few years Oregon State isn't really that out of the way but Washington State was easily the most geographically isolated major conference team and probably up there with Hawaii for all of FBS.

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone