RECRUITING: 2025's top in-state prospect Thomas Meyer recaps visit

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I can believe what I want to with what Ferentz actually said?? He was discussing why Iowa had low offer totals while a school like Iowa State offered a lot of kids.

Let me know when you actually information or data that is validated to support any claim you have.
All the information I posted counters everything you said. I won't argue it anymore, as we obviously disagree.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
All the information I posted counters everything you said. I won't argue it anymore, as we obviously disagree.
All you did was disagree without any data to back up your claims. It’s always best to look at the data and draw conclusions from the data

Rather, you had preconceived notions and don’t have any data to affirm these notions. You instead try to generalize information to fit your notions

Last edited:

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
All you did was disagree without any data to back up your claims. It’s always best to look at the data and draw conclusions from the data

Rather, you had preconceived notions and don’t have any data to affirm these notions. You instead try to generalize informs to fit your notions
I encourage you to go back and read everything I said. Information I provided came from 247, which is probably the most accurate recruiting website, and I also provided information that challenged your notion that Iowa only offers guys they have a chance with. Iowa had no chance with Newell or Lazard, yet they offered. When I go through our previous classes, I don't see any others that pop off the page that Iowa had zero chance with. If you go through Iowa's previous offers, they have offered many guys who, in hindsight, they had zero chance with. However, they may have offered them early and thought they had a chance then.

Regarding Ferentz saying he only offers kids that they have a chance with, I countered with him making comments about not recruiting kids who are committed to school, yet he does it.

All of the information I provided is relevant and backed up by facts, not opinions. What you choose to believe is what you choose to believe, but there is legitimate data and information with what I countered with.

I apologize I was a sarcastic **** back to you. That's on me, I also encourage you to not be one to others who are trying to have legitimate discussion, as it makes it difficult to look at the facts rather than your annoyance with the other person.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Funny. I used the same source and found Iowa State recruits about on par with Iowa for instate recruits the last 4 years.

The idea that Iowa “wipes Iowa State in in-state recruiting” doesn’t hold up for the last 4 years.

Look at the data. I provided it to you. In order to get around the data, you make claims that Iowa never wanted those recruits. Go ahead and tell yourself anything you want to make your case still seem valid.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa State has done a ton better with in-state recruiting than it has in the past but Iowa still has done better, which isn't crazy. Whether we like it or not, they're the premier team in the state for football. For basketball, it's the other way around.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa State has done a ton better with in-state recruiting than it has in the past but Iowa still has done better, which isn't crazy. Whether we like it or not, they're the premier team in the state for football. For basketball, it's the other way around.
Which must mean that Iowa HS basketball sucks because Iowa gets the Iowa HS kids.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I like Cooper Alexander, but we are loaded with young TEs already. Other than that I only like one o-line commit. The rest if the class is not all that good.
The class is absolutely horrible on paper. Our best recruit is ranked around #700. I think every single P5 school has at least 2 recruits ranked higher than our best recruit in this class. The 2023 class, if we didn't land Kohl, would've been one of the very bottom P5 classes.

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
The class is absolutely horrible on paper. Our best recruit is ranked around #700. I think every single P5 school has at least 2 recruits ranked higher than our best recruit in this class. The 2023 class, if we didn't land Kohl, would've been one of the very bottom P5 classes.
Oh no, we suck again!!!!

Have we really ever had highly ranked classes?