Rhoads and recruitment

cyentist

Oct 11, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I was just as nervous as everyone else when Chiz left and what that would do to our recruiting class this year. However, I think it should be reiterated again how AWESOME Rhoads as done putting together a quite solid recruiting class. After all the verbals that we got the weekend of the Kansas game, according to the ESPN rankings, which are sometimes good/bad, we have 13 players with scores of 70+. Last years class had 8, now there were some gems like darks that were not scored. But if we can land either Mars or Marry, or dare I say BOTH? that would put this as one of the best recruiting classes on paper we have ever had, and considering the circumstances, makes me excited to see what Rhoads, Herman, and company can do when they have a whole year to prepare. GO CYCLONES!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
When they all show up on campus after signing LOIs I will revel in it. Premature at this point as we don't know if anyone won't qualify. When you are picking up "decent" recruits at this stage in the game...there are always some question marks as to why they are still out there.

Reactions: ajk4st8

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't get excited about recruiting classes. Both ISU and Iowa have signed some the "best" classes they've ever had only to have them be complete busts. Sometimes I think some of the unknowns in a class turn out to be the best player. Sedrick Johnson was supposed to be our best recruit last year as the lone 4 star and how many guys out-performed him from that class that saw time on the field? That's not to say Sedrick will eventually be a good player for us but you have to look at what especially Darks and Johnson did and see how sometimes guys further down on the list wind up being the better players.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Sed needs some weight and muscle. He was manhandled out there by CB after CB. If this S&C coach is half as good as I think man look out!

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Not to mention, he is recruiting a multitude of speed. Look at all the commits that run better than 4.5 40s.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
im excited about this class, but honestly im even more excited for the next couple class because if we are getting this level of recruits when our HC came in late in the recruiting process, and we are coming off a 2-10 year, just think of what CPR can do with the entire recruiting time and possibly a few more wins. we could have some wins soon!!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Its just too bad we have to give Whizik credit for some of these players.