Robinson or Bo Williams

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
heres the real question we should be asking.......... "Do you think BW or AR will pull a Bates on us if he doesnt get the starting job?

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
Nice story on Bo in the Rag this morning. I'm going to find it easy to pull for him. Wonder if his sister is good enough to work for Fennely?

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Bo has a different attitude, He will stay, but he wont need to worry about it because he will get Plenty of carries

bwalinga11

Dec 7, 2007
its gunna be fun to watch next year with both BW and AROB and a lil jeremiah schwartz.... great recievers, 2 younge quarterbacks...

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Bo transfers back to FL...Schwartz quits the team to become a priest and A-Rob has a certain surgery so he can play on the WBB team.

Stevie Hicks is granted additional eligibility and is our starting back. Forever.

Book it...

Most schools have to use their imagination to come up with stories like this, not ISU. FB Danny Goodwin had a very successful debut year in '79 and then proceeded to quit the team to become a minister. Then there was the guy (name escapes me) from back east who was expected to be one of Earle Bruce's best ever. He didn't return to school because he had a dream that drastic harm would come to him if he returned to Ames. Earle tried as hard as he could, but was unable to convince the guy otherwise.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
heres the real question we should be asking.......... "Do you think BW or AR will pull a Bates on us if he doesnt get the starting job?

I don't think so unless they want to go DI-AA. Robinson will be a RS JR and Williams will be a RS SO...unless he gets a med RS....so neither will have that RS year to sit out. Schwartz is RSing now as well. So I think A-Rob, BW, and JS are here to stay.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Schwartz, Robinson, and Bo are completely different styles of back. Schwartz is like a Knock style back that will blow people off the line, Robinson relays on his speed, and Bo is a elusive back with speed. I'm sure that all three will play next year.

The problem with Bo, like other elusive backs, he can spend to much trying to break tackles at the line of scrimmage that he doesn't go anywhere. Like I said, I think he will play, but we have heard very little about how he is doing in practice which makes me think that he is not doing as well as expected. I think ARob will get most of the snaps.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

No, the real question is, "What are you drinking?":twitcy:

Sheesh. Rampant paranoia before the season is even over, let alone Spring ball starting. And people taking the question seriously. You might as well ask...no, no reason to feed it. :skeptical:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, the paranoia about Bates ended up coming to fruition - so it's not like the current worries are completely unfounded. Different guys, yes, but we've seen plenty of these defections as of late around Ames.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
It won't matter who is runnning the ball if we don't have a line that can block Big VII defensive linemen

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Bo already transfered once, he won't transfer again. ARob won't transfer, he will be a R-Junior next year and unless he is kicked off or leaves a team in the off season, he won't transfer because if he does he won't play ball.

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
Schwartz, Robinson, and Bo are completely different styles of back. Schwartz is like a Knock style back that will blow people off the line, Robinson relays on his speed, and Bo is a elusive back with speed. I'm sure that all three will play next year.

The problem with Bo, like other elusive backs, he can spend to much trying to break tackles at the line of scrimmage that he doesn't go anywhere. Like I said, I think he will play, but we have heard very little about how he is doing in practice which makes me think that he is not doing as well as expected. I think ARob will get most of the snaps.

Altho Bo is on the scout offense he def is doing what they thought he would. Just the other day he trucked Allen Bell with 1 arm on a halfback sweep play simulating Mizzou. Trust me he is fast and powerful

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron