Roosevelt Maggit's little brother?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Id say so. They attended the same school in FLA and they have quite the resemblance.

CUYGURJPDEPWBNZ.20090514140215.JPG
bio-img.php

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Any chance that the offer from "Iowa" on the Recruiting Planet site is actually Iowa State? I hope so.

Please come play with big brother! I really hope Roosevelt tears it up this year now, and lil brother wants to play with him. We could have bookend Maggit's on the DL.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Any chance that the offer from "Iowa" on the Recruiting Planet site is actually Iowa State? I hope so.

Please come play with big brother! I really hope Roosevelt tears it up this year now, and lil brother wants to play with him. We could have bookend Maggit's on the DL.
Wouldn't suprise me....the other week Rivals had Melvin Ejim listed as high interest in Iowa. :confused::no:

Reactions: cjclone

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006

Maybe Scout screwed it up. I'm assuming that's where Recruiting Planet got its info.

Scout.com: Curt Maggitt Profile

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
Sounds like we've got an up hill battle to land him...like a hill the size of a mountain.

You never know. Maybe we do better than expected the next couple years, Roosevelt ends up being a really good player for us, an he's able to talk his brother into coming up here.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Roosy is going to be a great ball player. I've heard a "poor man's Sergio Kindle", which actually is quite the compliment. He fits into that Jack position that's popular right now.

Curt does have an impressive offer list, but we've had good luck in luring brothers from the state of Florida before (Troy & Darren)

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
At this point, they probably just haven't had enough time to spend recruiting 2011 players yet. Most of the schools he lists as favorites all have stable coaching staffs that are probably several years ahead in identifying and offering prospects. We've got plenty of time to make an impression on him and we have his big brother here too.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
That kid has some serious speed and it was nice to see him actually rush out of a stand up position as well.

He is still very raw with his pass rushing (relies too much on his speed) but I am really, really impressed with his containment on runs. You do not see that in a lot of high schoolers who have the athleticism to make up for it.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
My girlfriend runs track at Iowa State and Roosevelt hit on her all the time last year:no: