Rutgers and Maryland are perfect fits . . .

BeachCyclone

Jan 22, 2012
Manhattan Beach, CA
for the B1G. Both lost their bowl games, as did Minnesota and Michigan. A nice 0-4 start for current/future members.

Maybe the B1G can also invite LSU -- perhaps they'll instantly become losers too (and they might even lose to Iowa).:smile:

Seriously, does anyone think the B1G will perform well against Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Stanford and Clemson? I see about two wins, but it is not implausible for the B1G to go 0-5 down the stretch.

I was thinking about heading up to Pasadena to see the Rose Bowl on Wednesday with my 14 year-old, but don't think I'll waste our time. Stanford vs. a B1G pillow fighter? No contest.

Last edited:

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
I think Ohio State will beat Clemson easily, and I think MSU has a good shot against Stanford. Big Ten drops all the other games.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
CPR should rehire Messingham. We will be a shoo-in for a B1G invite.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
for the B1G. Both lost their bowl games today, as did Minnesota and Michigan. A nice 0-4 start for current/future members.

Maybe the B1G can also invite LSU -- perhaps they'll instantly become losers too (and they might even lose to Iowa).:smile:

Seriously, does anyone think the B1G will perform well against Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Stanford and Clemson? I see about two wins, but it is not implausible for the B1G to go 0-5 down the stretch.

I was thinking about heading up to Pasadena to see the Rose Bowl on Wednesday with my 14 year-old, but don't think I'll waste our time. Stanford vs. a B1G pillow fighter? No contest.
Michigan State is the only decent big 10 team.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
It's understandable Mich would struggle vs Kansas St, being without their QB, but that doesn't take away from the accomplishments of Snyder.

After losing their first game vs N Dak St, I kinda thought he ran his course (again), but finishing with 8-wins and a bowl victory over Mich means that this coach makes a difference with average players.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As much as I hate KSU, I was still glad to see them put the beat down on a terrible Michigan team. B1G apologists will say it was because Michigan didn't have Devin Gardner, however, I would disagree. KSU was just the better team all around last night.

CyBraveBear

Sep 28, 2011
Shawnee, KS
I always felt like Michigan of old was a clone of my Bears teams of old. Great running teams and built on a great defense. Both had fiery coaches like Bo and Ditka. Outside of being a Cyclones fan growing up, I always kind of liked Michigan for reasons mentioned above. That being said, don't really care for Michigan anymore and am glad KSU beat them down. I know they were missing their QB but Michigans defense is awful. I'm not sure outside of Baylor, is the Big 12 going to get many other wins in their bowl match-ups? I wish Baylor would have matched up with Alabama or Oregon because I don't see Oklahoma or Texas having much of a shot on winning either of those games.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I always felt like Michigan of old was a clone of my Bears teams of old. Great running teams and built on a great defense. Both had fiery coaches like Bo and Ditka. Outside of being a Cyclones fan growing up, I always kind of liked Michigan for reasons mentioned above. That being said, don't really care for Michigan anymore and am glad KSU beat them down. I know they were missing their QB but Michigans defense is awful. I'm not sure outside of Baylor, is the Big 12 going to get many other wins in their bowl match-ups? I wish Baylor would have matched up with Alabama or Oregon because I don't see Oklahoma or Texas having much of a shot on winning either of those games.

Yeah, I'm not sure the Big 12 is going to show all that well in the bowl games either.

The bowl system we have is really stupid though when you think about it. There is such a long layoff, and half the time you don't know if a team really wants to be there or not? A lot of times the play isn't all that great because both teams are rusty. The bowl is usually just a big fun party for everyone, and if it's not a BCS bowl you have to wonder what kind of effort you're going to get from your team.

I'm rooting for the Big 12 teams, but I'd kinda like to see Bama put a HUGE beatdown on the Stoops brothers. If OU can't win the game, I hope they get crushed.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I think Mizzoo proved that the SEC is not that much better than any other conference. Mizzoo almost won the SEC with Big 12 talent so that tells me the SEC is top heavy most years. If Mizzoo can finish second in the SEC then a middle of the pack Big ten team (Iowa) can beat LSU. Love him or hate him Ferentz (sp?) knows how to prepare for a bowl. Back to the main point of the thread Maryland and Rutgers probably brings the Big ten down a notch but more easy conference wins for the big boys.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
have to agree. yuck.

I would love nothing more than to see Iowa lose by 40 to LSU. They really need to be put in their place. They are such an average team it isn't even funny. The B1G sucks this year.

LSU is so much more talented than Iowa. However, LSU does not get excited to play in the Outback Bowl, I'm sorry. Plus they don't have their starting QB. I could see a big letdown here.

It's a classic case of Iowa being thrilled to be there because the Outback Bowl is about as good a bowl as they could expect to get to and they get to play a highly respected program like LSU. And LSU isn't excited to play in about the worst bowl game they could expect to have gone to against a team nobody in the country cares about and a team they are expected to roll. It's that no-win situation for LSU. If you beat Iowa, it's because you were expected to.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
for the B1G. Both lost their bowl games, as did Minnesota and Michigan. A nice 0-4 start for current/future members.

B12 is sort of in the same bucket. Yes, KSU flattened the BIG team, but the future bowl games are no cakewalks unless you count Baylor.

So BIG said they would bring fans to the southern bowls? Must be a recession this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron